Best Brushcutter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What grade are you working and have you considered a walk behind brush hog? Only thing about a walk behind is you can't trim fenceline. And pond banks could get tricky.

I've got a 232R and love it. Don't care for the standard weed blades though. Grass would lay down in front of it instead of cutting until I modified a blade to act like a bush hook. Now grass can't get away as the blade draws it in instead pushing it away. You just have to keep it well way from fence wire. I believe you can bolt a 235R P&C on it if you need a little bump in power.

I switched all the blades like that to Airecut triblades and it solved that issue. It's a great product that may be worth checking out.

I don't know what machine you need, but whatever it is, you need this blade. 20151011_135307.jpg

An 8" 'Renegade' brand carbide blade. Unreal amounts of saplings and brush I've cut with it on my Echo SRM-225, and still sharp as ever. $18 and worth every penny

I don't know what machine you need, but whatever it is, you need this blade. View attachment 465020

An 8" 'Renegade' brand carbide blade. Unreal amounts of saplings and brush I've cut with it on my Echo SRM-225, and still sharp as ever. $18 and worth every penny
I just bought two 9" blades like that. Got a lot of brush to cut. Done messin with the POS Stihl blades!

Personally I prefer a model with real antivibration, where the engine and the handle bar are detached through a antivibration system (rubber or spring). That in my eyes is definately worth the price if you intend to work for more than an hour at once.

I have a Stihl FS120, Hitachi CG40EYT, Hitachi CG40EFL and a few others.

I on a Husqvarna 336FR and it does what I need. Tall grass and weeds.
40:1 Motul 710.

I will try to buy the Airecut blade. As for tree saplings over 1 inch I get the Swisher mower.

JF

For over 18 years a shindaiwa 230X has never let me down.if buying new it would be a redmax.

Fs 550, you can bury the blade to the Arbor with seemingly no resistance. Better have an oil well though, as those things really drink. They needed at least a 50% larger tank volume IMHO. No vibes and, even though heavyou, quite comfortable with a good harness.

Wow never seen a fs 500,, whats the difference between them and a 550,,, Year of production ??
In my opinion nylon upto fs 480 s, 48cc ,from here the power exceeds the capabilitys of the nylon,,ie splitting and breakage so I just don't see a need to carry the extra weight, especially working on steep inclines etc ,,550's are for nice big blades.
fs 85 for hedger attachments.

Back