Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw.....
I might be able to do a charity cut at my dad's this winter
If I do I will have my crap together..... I promise
Even in Ga, I like that post. My dad is from Ulysses, KS...born and raised. :) Wish if nothing else, get over to a GTG with you folks. I think next year, I'll do a little pre-planning, take a good week off, head that way...if you mid-westerners will allow such...I ain't no logger nor treesmith...I cut what I cut for heat in my open fireplace in the living room and my workshop...but I can damn sure man a few grills at the same time. That oughta be worth something, lol.

Rainy day project. Took a 25 ft roll of brake line and made up a couple of "can't-be-had" rear brake lines for my Mom' s car.

fb8686a8039a4d95389663bacab71c9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V
Old car? Sit on damp concrete floor?

We put new frame w/ brake & fuel lines under 'Old Blue' in '91. After years of salted roads did 'em in.

After reading a lot about chimney pipe, I came to the conclusion that all are not created equal. Since I got the Duravent kit I figured I was committed to the same brand chimney pipe. Which narrowed it down to Home Depot or Sutherlands. Home Depot was cheaper and I found it in the Duraplus triple wall. Nice thing about this pipe is its the best of both worlds, from what I saw, ceramic wool insulation around the inner pipe, air gap around the outer. Stainless steel inner and stainless steel outer. Bought four 36 inch sections. I hope that's all I'll need, stuffs high dollar.
I'm thinking I'm in the wrong business. I could sell stoves at cost and make a killing on everything else that's needed to install it. Spent $330 for the stove and easily twice that for everything else. But, it's what the boss wanted. So that's what the boss gets.

After reading a lot about chimney pipe, I came to the conclusion that all are not created equal. Since I got the Duravent kit I figured I was committed to the same brand chimney pipe. Which narrowed it down to Home Depot or Sutherlands. Home Depot was cheaper and I found it in the Duraplus triple wall. Nice thing about this pipe is its the best of both worlds, from what I saw, ceramic wool insulation around the inner pipe, air gap around the outer. Stainless steel inner and stainless steel outer. Bought four 36 inch sections. I hope that's all I'll need, stuffs high dollar.
I'm thinking I'm in the wrong business. I could sell stoves at cost and make a killing on everything else that's needed to install it. Spent $330 for the stove and easily twice that for everything else. But, it's what the boss wanted. So that's what the boss gets.

Sort of like chain-link fence.

Looking at the manual online says you need 11' minimum flue height. So hopefully you won't need it all.

Workshop, don't feel too bad. When Shalie and I bought this house there was no stove. A lof of tile work later we were ready to put one in. The Pacific Energy Alderlae T-6 I bought new was $2100. The flue components and installation (which was horribly done) brought the bill to $5K and change.... Now, has it been worth it? Yes. I've made all of that money back in un-burnt propane and am laughing all of the way to the bank. If I did it again though, I'd do it a bit differently and add a second stove (which may still happen) for legitimate blizzard times when there will be no power for days.

Morning midlanders!

More freezing rain here. Yuck!

Stupid Michael lent the Subaru to a GF. She had two felony convictions for drug and alcohol. She was picked up on DWI. We don't know where the car is now. Likely towed but by whom?

Stupid turd head.

The hits just keep on coming.

I can't recommend adoption.......

Back