MY FIRST SAW! WHAT WAS YOURS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems most of you have a Stihl.
I stumbled onto a 042av with no spark.
All this talk makes me want to find a coil and get it running again!
Just to see what all the hype is about.
After I get the Pioneer 650 going that is...
So many projects, so little time.

Pro mac 610 handed down to me wore out, I was given a second one for parts and fixed up one good saw and used it a long time till I got a husky 61.

Here's my first saw, Stihl 036 pro. I bought it new in 1996.

113331111d9e7553eaa314727114f1f4.jpg

I had my first saw at age 9 or so. It was some kind of a McCullough Mini-Mac. It was in pretty bad shape, so I rebuilt it with the help of a service tech at a chainsaw shop, I used to hang around at as a kid.

Damn shop sold it out from under me, not knowing that it had been given to me. I often wonder where it ended up and with who.

Sure wish that I still had it.............:(

Hey, first post, lots of good info here. First saw was an MS170, then a hand me down MS 360...thanks dad... then went nuts in the last month or so and got a MS 661,bought the MS261 he had aswell used... Then Monday night bought another MS 261... Things are getting outta hand... Haha

I had my first saw at age 9 or so. It was some kind of a McCullough Mini-Mac. It was in pretty bad shape, so I rebuilt it with the help of a service tech at a chainsaw shop, I used to hang around at as a kid.

Damn shop sold it out from under me, not knowing that it had been given to me. I often wonder where it ended up and with who.

Sure wish that I still had it.............:(

First saw I ran was my dads p65. First saw I owned was a cheap poulan $129 special that my now wife gifted me at 17. Ran the clutch, carb and recoil right out of it.

I know where the saw went... And was glad it made it there!
Been cutting with a 360 Homelite since. And adding along the way.

Poulan Pro 5020 AV running a 20 inch bar 3/8 Carlton semi chisel chain. Just bought a MS 291 converting it to 3/8 20 inch bar and a Carlton semi

First saw was a husky 460, still have it. In the past five years I've also picked up a 455, sold it, a cs400, sold it, a cs590, my ultimate saw, and a cs490 that I haven't run yet. I also have a 455 that got broken by a tree, just waiting for a good price on one that got straight gassed for some parts. And a cs590 with low compression.
But I don't have CAD, I swear!

hey to everyone... first post from little NZ. brought my first stihl today after buying Chinese saws and killing, its a second hand MS440 with 20 inch bar I know in the pics it shows different bucking spikes but its coming with a new set , mainly for serious firewood and some felling.. - matt[ATTMafull]362865[/ATTACH] View attachment 362866
stihl
hey to everyone... first post from little NZ. brought my first stihl today after buying Chinese saws and killing, its a second hand MS440 with 20 inch bar I know in the pics it shows different bucking spikes but its coming with a new set , mainly for serious firewood and some felling.. - mattView attachment 362865 View attachment 362866
Stihl 038 Mag 2. yard sale for $100. too heavy for the guy. Then a husky 2100cd. then another 2100. then another. then an 1100cd. lastly a pro mac 1000. no little 'uns, but I do a little milling here and there, so a little 'un wouldn't really help much.

This. My father's chainsaw was a consumer-grade McCulloch. I hated that saw. That saw was horrible. Hard to start. Gutless. Pointless. When we moved to the woods, I decided it was my turn to pick the chainsaw. No regrets. It still runs great, but I retired it because of sentimental value.

Dolmar116-2.jpg

First saw was a stihl 010 av then a026 now using a180 plus a husqvarna 353 and ps50 worked the last 6 years with the 353

My first saw the ryobi ry10532 I bought in 2006 that I still have and love. It got an adjustable oiler today from the earthquake.

I'll load a photo later.

2016-10-04 16.57.36.jpg

I ran an 026 lots from the time I was 13 or so on up through my teen years. When I was about 20 my uncle gave me my Dad's last pro falling saw, a 2100. I'll never part with it as long as I can keep it roaring.

Back