Lumber Stacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Curry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm finally getting all of mine organized. The last bay of my garage is nearly full. Black Walnut, Hard and Soft Maple, Black Locust, White Ash, and Red Pine. All of this came from mine and my neighbor's property, and was milled by yours truly.

I couldn't find a stack thread, so I started one. Show us your pics!

image23.jpg image24.jpg

I hear that. I've got slabs and more slabs stacked on the flat in the carriage barn that when I need to bleed the compressor I have to get out the climbing and oxygen gear,
ascend to the summit,
crawl across the ridgeline up there with the bats and barn owls then repell down. Take a break have lunch then climb back out while there's still daylight. No thief gonna get my Ingersoll Rand 3 cylinder though.

Well you're only looking at one corner of it... I have a 4 bay garage and I still can't park my car in there. :omg:
Shed is twice the footprint of house, has two roller doors chosen to be large enough to take a tractor and/or boat, has a few rows of 18' high pallet racking (plissing on the forest fire of clutter), but can barely swing a cat in there. Did manage to nudge the front of the car in over Winter to get out of the rain while changing the front brakes, but that's as close as it has ever come to swallowing a whole car. will need an extension to the extended lean-to to cover wood stacks, and parking a car anywhere under anything attached or inside the shed is but a pipe-dream.

Nice looking wood.
I plan to do simil
I'm finally getting all of mine organized. The last bay of my garage is nearly full. Black Walnut, Hard and Soft Maple, Black Locust, White Ash, and Red Pine. All of this came from mine and my neighbor's property, and was milled by yours truly.

I couldn't find a stack thread, so I started one. Show us your pics!

View attachment 465294 View attachment 465295
Nice looking wood.
I plan to do similar. Do you make your own stickers? And what are they made from?

Don't think I have pics but there's 2 sheds, roughly 20ft×40ft. 3 floors, 8, 10 and 12+ ft for 1bys and 2bys.
They another bigger shed for beams

Nice looking wood.
I plan to do simil

Nice looking wood.
I plan to do similar. Do you make your own stickers? And what are they made from?

Thanks! Yeah I mill my own stickers, mostly from scraps and offcuts. I think they're mostly pine coming from HD 2x4s and some of my own red pine. There's a lot of soft maple too.

Don't think I have pics but there's 2 sheds, roughly 20ft×40ft. 3 floors, 8, 10 and 12+ ft for 1bys and 2bys.
They another bigger shed for beams

Well if you find some pics post em up here! I'd love to see that!

Back