2016 Ridgeway Rendezvous Anyone Going?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, Is this rendezvous going to turn into some kinda' North PA bar/cheddar cheese tour as the college kids call it? If so I'll bring plenty of crackers. Anyone been to that cock eyed cricket joint over in Austin? Or the old tannery saloon. They got cooper there too. :)

never been to the cricket or old tannery.... guess I better travel out from camp more!

Are you kidding me? Cutting a straight piece of firewood is an accomplishment for me.

I did make this cherry bench this fall as a wedding gift. I have a nicer frontal pic but i cant upload it for some reason.

DSC_9871.JPG That's some good carving work there. The turkey reminds me of the Lumberjack festival in Forksville, PA every October. Guy was selling chainsaw cutter attachments belt drive methinks he makes em' on a lathe. Would have bought one but my boys were hungry so the cash was stripped out'a my hands fast. Bench looks straight enough from here.

Attachments

• DSCN0389.JPG
    DSCN0389.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_9870.JPG
    DSC_9870.JPG
    403.3 KB · Views: 14
The 295 I bought brand new in 1991. The only lantern out of like 50 that I ever paid $ for.
BTW, wal-wart has coleman fuel on roll-back for $7.64/gal right now... I hit the one here in Warminster and wiped them out. I dont mind using pump gas in my stoves that I use all summer but prefer CF in the lanterns...

My Columbian cookstove runs on wood and my truck/saws run on pump gas.
Ill keep my eyes open for some Coleman fuel.

A10, That's a first for around here. I hear all around about CF on sale from Oklahoma to Ohio Walmarts 1/2 off Coleman fuel. Tried to call 2x the Horsham store before driving there but no answer.

You guys are more amish than my "amish" neighbor with his hidden satellite dish and his phone in his pocket.

A10, That's a first for around here. I hear all around about CF on sale from Oklahoma to Ohio Walmarts 1/2 off Coleman fuel. Tried to call 2x the Horsham store before driving there but no answer.

Im going back to the Warminster store tomorrow, if there is some on the shelf, I'm cleaning them out! I called my mom back near Pittsburgh to check her store for me. She said they didnt even have a spot on the shelf for it, only the little red 1qt cans :(

Bang! 7 gallons of white gas at 1/2 price. Stopped by the walmart (Willow Grove) since I needed kerosene from the gas station ($2.37 gl). Good to go with lanterns and stoves. Firing up a 1938 Brooklure lantern tonight. Thanks for the heads-up A10.

Bang! 7 gallons of white gas at 1/2 price. Stopped by the walmart (Willow Grove) since I needed kerosene from the gas station ($2.37 gl). Good to go with lanterns and stoves. Firing up a 1938 Brooklure lantern tonight. Thanks for the heads-up A10.
you're lucky, I was gonna hit that one next ;) yes, Im greedy!

Heading up Thurs morning. I know I will be at the festival Friday, but maybe Thursday as well. Bring your shorts and flip flops. Much different than other yrs. I have a cpl saws that could find a new home if anyone is coming.

Nikon 816.jpg Nikon 820.jpg Nikon 825.jpg Nikon 841.jpg Just remembered last week Easter break is coming. I take my three sons for a semi-wilderness camp for the 5 days they have off school. Been doing this for 11 years straight. One year I had a District Forester deliver me a fresh White Oak so we could have a better table. This is near the Algerine Wild Area.

Nice. That table is pretty slick. I am sure the kids have good time and not even realizing how much they are learning. I just hope they learn there are more and better products than Budweiser. At an older age of course. I love all the glowing rustic lanterns and the sneaky extension cord running to the tent. Unless maybe it is a rope tied to the food cooler so you know when Yogi is making off with the groceries.

Back