Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran across a Poulan 245A bow saw today in a customers shed. It looked complete. The bar bolts look Jerry rigged though . . but otherwise it looked not to be abused. Also hanging next to it was a bow that matched the one on the 245 and an orange one that was the same size and a really cool bow that had an all aluminum top guard that was built into the sprocket cover which was all bolted to the bow. It had some blue paint on it and was in good shape. The part number was 1231. The dogs on the bottom looked like most of them on Poulans but were blue too, like the old Homelite xls.
The owner wasn't there so I couldn't ask him about them but I am catching up with him tomorrow to settle up on the job which to me would be a good time to make an offer on the stuff. I have known the guy for years and don't want to take advantage but I don't know what they are worth either.
From using the search function here I found out that the bow setup on that saw is a bit rare but I could not find any current values on that and nothing on that cool bow blade.
Does anyone know what would be a fair offer ?

Okay guys. I found this Poulan Pro S25 DA at a yard sale a few years ago. The owner was wheelchair bound and had tried chainsaw carving. He didn't really enjoy it and decided to put this out that morning. I replaced the lines, filter, and went through the carb. It wouldn't hit until I checked the clearance between the coil and flywheel. It runs like a new saw, but CAN be finicky to start after it sits. I believe it's from the 1990's. Question: is the hook/metal loop on the rear
handle original to the saw or an add on? I applied the tape to preserve the paint. Thanks, Max.

View attachment 484405 View attachment 484406 View attachment 484408
A lot came with the climbing ring from the factory. The one on yours looks like it might have been added by an owner or possibly replaced a broken one. Hard to see well on my ohone

My PP
Okay guys. I found this Poulan Pro S25 DA at a yard sale a few years ago. The owner was wheelchair bound and had tried chainsaw carving. He didn't really enjoy it and decided to put this out that morning. I replaced the lines, filter, and went through the carb. It wouldn't hit until I checked the clearance between the coil and flywheel. It runs like a new saw, but CAN be finicky to start after it sits. I believe it's from the 1990's. Question: is the hook/metal loop on the rear
handle original to the saw or an add on? I applied the tape to preserve the paint. Thanks, Max.

View attachment 484405 View attachment 484406 View attachment 484408

My S25DA on the right, has the climbing ring also. In fact I have a copy of a dealer bulletin, showing how they rec emend attaching the ring with the handle through the ring...( for safety purposes). I tried it...did not like it, so just left mine the way you see it.

S25DA%20amp%20AV%20007_zpsvhhl1tez.jpg

Gregg,

I ran across a Poulan 245A bow saw today in a customers shed. It looked complete. The bar bolts look Jerry rigged though . . but otherwise it looked not to be abused. Also hanging next to it was a bow that matched the one on the 245 and an orange one that was the same size and a really cool bow that had an all aluminum top guard that was built into the sprocket cover which was all bolted to the bow. It had some blue paint on it and was in good shape. The part number was 1231. The dogs on the bottom looked like most of them on Poulans but were blue too, like the old Homelite xls.
The owner wasn't there so I couldn't ask him about them but I am catching up with him tomorrow to settle up on the job which to me would be a good time to make an offer on the stuff. I have known the guy for years and don't want to take advantage but I don't know what they are worth either.
From using the search function here I found out that the bow setup on that saw is a bit rare but I could not find any current values on that and nothing on that cool bow blade.
Does anyone know what would be a fair offer ?
ask him what he wants for them, that would be a fair starting point.

That would pretty much be the initial start of the conversation but I plan to knock something off of his bill in return for the bows and saw if he is willing to let them go.
I just wanted a general idea of the value before it gets to that point since I doubt he knows any more about them than I do.
What part of The Old Line ?

My PP

My S25DA on the right, has the climbing ring also. In fact I have a copy of a dealer bulletin, showing how they rec emend attaching the ring with the handle through the ring...( for safety purposes). I tried it...did not like it, so just left mine the way you see it.

S25DA%20amp%20AV%20007_zpsvhhl1tez.jpg

Gregg,
Funny you mention that. One of my pp25s had the ring through the handle like you read. Well after 20 or so years of service the steel ring vibrated some nice damage into the mag case. If I still have that saw I'll snap a pic.

Need help to identify an old Oregon drum. The box has Poulan written on it. The box and drum have 10614 on them. I compared it to over a 100 sprockets today, and I don't have anything close. .595 bearing bore, 3.210 id, 3.359 od, 1.537 wide, .60 spline

View attachment 484398 View attachment 484399 View attachment 484400 View attachment 484401 View attachment 484402

That sprocket is for some of the older sand cast Poulans. If you don't need it, I could maybe trade you for a newer sprocket that you might need.

Guys, I found this on CL in Charlotte NC a bunch of years ago. It' s a Poulan branded Dayton. This saw is fairly clean and my colleauge in the Charlotte/Shelby area picked it up for me. To me $20.00 was a steal, and I felt lucky. Question: Is this a Poulan 3700 or 3800? It does not have the slotted air filter cover. I've always wondered, thus the question. Thanks, Max.

View attachment 484412 View attachment 484413

That sprocket is for some of the older sand cast Poulans. If you don't need it, I could maybe trade you for a newer sprocket that you might need.
I don't need it Mark, I was just going to list it on Ebay. I'm not short on anything, so I'll trade anything you see fair. I would be interested in old Omark, Oregon, and Windsor drum catalogs, copies or pdfs.

I don't need it Mark, I was just going to list it on Ebay. I'm not short on anything, so I'll trade anything you see fair. I would be interested in old Omark, Oregon, and Windsor drum catalogs, copies or pdfs.

Crap, I got a binder full of older Sabre, Armstrong, Oregon etc that I have not got around to scanning yet...

Crap, I got a binder full of older Sabre, Armstrong, Oregon etc that I have not got around to scanning yet...
I don't think I have ran into Armstrong yet. The Windsor have proved painful. I have a newer Archer, GB, and Oregon pdf that I can search and copy. I also have the NPA pdf thanks to others on here. Message your address and I'll send it your way.

Hey guys I'm doing a couple oil/gas tank separator plates via full breakdown and case split. Poulan Pro 655BP's. Anyone know if the oil seals are a standard size? Just wondering if they are an OEM only deal or not.

Thanks

Hey guys I'm doing a couple oil/gas tank separator plates via full breakdown and case split. Poulan Pro 655BP's. Anyone know if the oil seals are a standard size? Just wondering if they are an OEM only deal or not.

Thanks

From measurements taken by another member on original new seals I am pretty sure that these will fit. You can always verify case pocket ID and shaft OD before you pull them.

SKF 5606 double lip or National 472705 double lip

Fits case bore size 1.00 inch and shaft size 0.5625" (9/16")

Back