whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to reduce some oak limbs back to suckers because removal wasn't an option. Had to use 200' of line and redirect myself over 3 unions of another tree. I wish i was doing push ups this winter before this. Needless to say I'm a big sore myself this morning.
71e300a638909811906b1c14d14adb99.jpg
Don't know if it of worked in your case, but I sometimes shoot a line right where I need to be and SRT up. Easier then those long limb walks at times.

I just picked up a job in big bear . I don't watch football anyway. It's a beautiful day here in Riverside(know what I mean Jeff)but they got snow on the ground up the mountain. I may of got the job through default as no one wants to work on Superbowl sunday.IMG_8404.JPG

I just picked up a job in big bear . I don't watch football anyway. It's a beautiful day here in Riverside(know what I mean Jeff)but they got snow on the ground up the mountain. I may of got the job through default as no one wants to work on Superbowl sunday.View attachment 484174

Went up Sunday to do that tree in big bear. It was way more dead then they said. The top 20 ft. Was white, barkless, and full of woodpecker holes. No way I was going out on it. Only thing holding it up was two branches stuck in another tree. I climbed a pine near it and put in a pulley and ran a bull line to the tree being removed along with a tag line. On the ground I tagged line the base. Long story short, we gently laid her between the house and fence IMG_8407.JPG

Ur probably right, but I still think they could get a line over a decent lower branch, that way getting to part of the trunk that is smaller.

Finished cutting all the junk out of the fenceline, bunch of trees were growing into the lumber sheds. Took out the old Jonsered 50cc weedcutter and cut all the mini-trees around the one side of the shop and along the other property line, then got a weedwacker off the shelf and cut all the 3+ft tall dead "grass" at the rental house.
The led to jacking the porch up on the place, the blocks it was sitting on had fallen over or sunk.
Oh, also helped cut a mantle and a bunch of 1x6s, hauled some sawdust, sold some too.
Tried to fix the lights on the sign out front but the buried wire is FUBAR somewhere so will have to wait till summer to dig another one in.
By then it was dark so I fixed a customer saw, sharpened some chains, cleaned off 2 workbenches and most of 1 toolbox, swept and washed the showroom floor, took out all the trash (involved hauling the dumpster over to the shop). Probabyl a few other things too, doing paperwork at home right now (0100) and have a Doc appt in a few hours.
Oh yeah, cut abotu a cord of firewood too. Have to stack it later today and keep cutting.

All in all a slow but steady day.

Crawled under a house repairing water pipes that had froze and blew apart. Apparently an ongoing issue, the 8ft run to the kitchen sink has 7 sections of spliced in copper!
I came close to just ripping it all out and starting fresh but copper is 3xpensive!

Latest posts

Back