the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here using low pro chain? If so and if oregon 91vxl, have you had any problems with chatter? I ask because others have mentioned it but I haven't had that prob but am keen to learn why they are. Lightweight saw perhaps? The long cutter not having enough room at the rear for chip clearance? I'm thinking will get a dry gum log, use a new loop, cut once to check feel then drop raker until can feel chatter then grind off the back of the cutter a bit and see if it helps reduce chattering? Sound like a plan or do you have any suggestions please?

Anyone here using low pro chain? If so and if oregon 91vxl, have you had any problems with chatter? I ask because others have mentioned it but I haven't had that prob but am keen to learn why they are. Lightweight saw perhaps? The long cutter not having enough room at the rear for chip clearance? I'm thinking will get a dry gum log, use a new loop, cut once to check feel then drop raker until can feel chatter then grind off the back of the cutter a bit and see if it helps reduce chattering? Sound like a plan or do you have any suggestions please?

not chattering as such but on the longer bars on my smaller saws boging down due to not clearing the chips properly

ddbde6917572f476ba7e3c610071967f.jpg

This is what I use at home. Works ok. About about 1200 bucks about 6 years ago

Latest posts

Back