What's on your bench? 2/6/16

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't have a saw here in time to port this weekend, which is a good thing. We had >5" of water in our basement right after Christmas. Our primary sump pump was on the blink and we were running on the backup. I've since bought a second Zoeller M137 pump to make the new primary and wellwill move old M137 to backup. The old backup was another 1/2 HP Zoeller but of much less capacity. It simply couldn't keep up. Either one of these M137s should be able to handle it. While I'm at it I'm going to run new electric to it so that they're on separate circuits.

20160206_112201.jpg

I won't have a saw here in time to port this weekend, which is a good thing. We had >5" of water in our basement right after Christmas. Our primary sump pump was on the blink and we were running on the backup. I've since bought a second Zoeller M137 pump to make the new primary and wellwill move old M137 to backup. The old backup was another 1/2 HP Zoeller but of much less capacity. It simply couldn't keep up. Either one of these M137s should be able to handle it. While I'm at it I'm going to run new electric to it so that they're on separate circuits.

View attachment 485292
I always keep a backup sump pump on hand because of flooding we had a few years ago. I put mine in with plastic pipe so whenever I need a new pump I just cut the pipe, install a new pump and re-connect with a new glued fitting. Right now I think that pipe has about 4 connections where I've changed pumps.

it's a 24V.. KDP fix not needed.. it's really important on the 12V though.. Ask my buddy who got lucky on 2 engines when the dowel pin came out and broke the case, but didn't go through the gears and damage anything else
KDP went to year 2000.
24 valve started production 98.5 onward
Did my original 53 block, it cracked!
My replacment block is a 2000 and its got the blind hole.
That gasket will be fun,,,,
BBB

KDP went to year 2000.
24 valve started production 98.5 onward
Did my original 53 block, it cracked!
My replacment block is a 2000 and its got the blind hole.
That gasket will be fun,,,,
BBB
I thought they fixed it with the first 24V's... I know of a couple 53 blocks that cracked, and a few that hold up

Right now... I have 170 cc's of Poulan Pro sitting there, awaiting some work, and warmer weather. :cold:
655bp & 455

655_zpshmfxjw7l.jpg

455-2_zpsw1jb1abr.jpg

Gregg,

nice foto essay of some very nice work! bit out of the box impressed with you fin repair! heliarc I assume and a first class repair. NASA couldn't have done it any better. lol... I won't ask how it happened. did u do the aluminum welding and build up?... that was more art than mere welding... liked seeing the finger ports, too... thanks. :)

View attachment 485292
We use those pumps at work. Heavy duty and very rugged

Gotta rebuild a carb for a Husky 36 and replace its fuel line. Then replace the carb boot on a Husky 350. Just finished getting a really nice Poulan Micro 25 from the early 80's running for a guy.

Somebody's telling stories and now people are just showing up with saws wondering if I can fix them. It's getting so that I don't have time for my saw projects! Just got a call that the Poulan owner scored a Husky 350 for free but it needs work - can I look at it. Of course all of them claiming poverty.

Just did a muffler mod. Limiter cap removal and timing advance on a 192t with 5 tanks on it. What a difference from what I started with

Just installed new 50cc P&C on 346xp, checked compression and got 155psi with no run time, I also did a base gasket delete and squish is right about 0.021, does that sound about right? Also did muffler mod. Like to thank Spike60 for the new kit, great guy.

My newly acquired husky 55 just left my bench. I'm very pleased with how it runs. I took It out and cut some cookies, but it is 5 below zero and the wind is nasty....... so only a few it is.
Now on the bench is a husky 50 that was my grandfathers. I don't run it as much as I should. But it has a oil leak. I'll replace the fuel line and clean the tanks out while I'm at it.
Next will be a husky 51 that I just picked up today. It is missing some small parts, but first I'll rip it down to see if its a parts saw or a builder.

no shortage of projects 'on my bench'! did get back to one that had been gathering some dust yesterday... high output light on stand given to me, switch box (and elec terminals, etc) busted. prev owner attempted to put sheet metal screws in it to hold it together. sorta worked for a short time, but more so busted up the plastic stands inside and cover... so I decided to put in studs and nuts to not twist the repaired stands. stand to hold wire - power IN clamp...and for cover too. stand was in 4-5 pcs... so JB'd together, but one higher than other. nbd. would have been fine, but I wanted to mill it to same height. so on bench is part being milled...

set up

P2110038.JPG

checking things...

P2110039.JPG

milling stanchion stands = height

small diam studs will go in all 4 holes, set with JB... and nuts with washers on outside of cover (not in pix) to keep all assembled. almost too much stuff goes into this box, very crowded...will shorten wires etc, resolder and relieve the crowded components...
P2110040.JPG

Latest posts

Back