How much did you get for your wood last season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here in the Southern California mountains where everything is illegal except cancer prices went up pretty dramatically. Average price of Pine from me was $225 and Oak was $460 per cord while not being tightly stacked. A neighbor of mine was selling his White Fir for $345 for a loose pile in the back of a full size 8' bed pickup. My guess would have been that he was selling a 1/4 to 1/3 cord. He had about 10 cords and had no problem getting rid of every single stick. Yes it bothered me that some people are such opportunist, but he had a right to do what every he wanted. I received at least 2 calls a day offering me $300 to $500 for a regular load of Pine and a few customers offered me any amount for a load of Pine. I did ask a few people what they were implying, "do you mean to tell me if I delivered wood to you today you would give me $1000 for a cord of Pine" "no problem" . After that I was afraid to ask so I did not. I did have a handful of cords on hand, but through experience I have learned to hold back some wood for emergencies for faithful customers. How about you? Thanks

Been selling Willow for over 30 years, started at $90/cord, now at $120/cord delivered locally. Still amazes me that customers will pay that much for willow but I have to turn customers away, just keeping the old faithfuls. At $120 I figure I am making a bit of beer money but not much more

Bit overstocked currently so I may put my "Wood for Sale" signs back up.

I begin on Saturday delivering 3 cords.

All pricing per cord, (128 cu. ft.)

CSD $250 new customers
CSD $240 regular / repeat customers
CS $200 picked up in processing area

Delivered pricing includes 15 mile radius. Outside 15 miles is an additional $1.00 per loaded mile.

I don't deal in green wood, same amount of work, smaller loads due to weight for less money.

Take Care

You obviously have a different market out there in Twin Peaks than the rest of the country. 200 / cord for hardwood here, even with the drop in oil. A program on Tv shows little 900 to 1200 sf houses out the in southern Ca. bringing 600K or more - Ouch.

I usually sell only silver maple, so I price it accordingly - $200/cord. Sold all 10 cords. This year I will have 3 grades of wood to sell - Silver maple at $200, mixed Locust and Elm for maybe $250, and Oak for $300. 10 cords altogether.
I also sell bundles to two local stores. Silver maple, $4 for a 1 cu. ft. bundle.

All pricing per cord, (128 cu. ft.)

CSD $250 new customers
CSD $240 regular / repeat customers
CS $200 picked up in processing area

Delivered pricing includes 15 mile radius. Outside 15 miles is an additional $1.00 per loaded mile.

I don't deal in green wood, same amount of work, smaller loads due to weight for less money.

Take Care

I hauled 2 cords of fairly dry wood yesterday, was nice. Normally I haul green wood. Been a few loads I was down in "bull low" on a steep grade wondering if I'd have enough power! The little 160hp small block wasn't happy.

I sell mixed hardwood for $200. What makes the wood worth 5 times as much? By me you can't even get pine firewood. Because around here nobody wants pine. If someone asked me to deliver firewood for that kind of money, I would have the truck loaded and on way before they finished their sentence.

The winter of 20017-2018 was mild to say the least with very few sales. Fast forward to 2019-2020 had cool weather with a few feet of wet snow. Then on to the Covid situation. I know dozens of people who are out of work sitting around thinking well there is nothing to do. I keep reminding myself this is spring time so wood sales are supposed to stop, but they have not. what is the deal. My biggest competitor charges $490 with $50 to $100 delivery fee for seasoned Oak. At the moment I charge $525 for average Oak seasoned delivered. I can not keep up with demand by my self. My split Pine have stabilized some at $275, but are soon to go up as I want to build up inventory. I know that cold weather and snow will likely happen this fall so my goal is to have plenty of sizes in stock to capitalize on the extra delivery charges during cold weather. Is every one selling similar or average. Thanks

The winter of 20017-2018 was mild to say the least with very few sales. Fast forward to 2019-2020 had cool weather with a few feet of wet snow. Then on to the Covid situation. I know dozens of people who are out of work sitting around thinking well there is nothing to do. I keep reminding myself this is spring time so wood sales are supposed to stop, but they have not. what is the deal. My biggest competitor charges $490 with $50 to $100 delivery fee for seasoned Oak. At the moment I charge $525 for average Oak seasoned delivered. I can not keep up with demand by my self. My split Pine have stabilized some at $275, but are soon to go up as I want to build up inventory. I know that cold weather and snow will likely happen this fall so my goal is to have plenty of sizes in stock to capitalize on the extra delivery charges during cold weather. Is every one selling similar or average. Thanks
Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back