Firewood Racks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All vets form all wars deserve our up most appreciation, weather they were drafted, or volunteered.
And I don't care if your were a cook, mechanic, E-1 or any other rank. It's a team effort, and it all kinds of talent to pull it off. All vets deserve respect for serving.

you got it, sb. ET... you are building steel firewood racks, we are now saluting war vets! this is a diversified thread. hope u don't mind. for every man on the front... takes 10 behind him to keep him there! I like seeing the WWII docus south pacific ops as to the chow hall cook kitchens...

if you have never been to chow call... out in the field... well, imo... you have missed an experience of life!!! lol... they don't call it SOS for nuttn'! :laughing: lol

:popcorn2:

ETpilot, post: 5843108, member: 75243"]Backyard LumberJack, I agree. Anyone who has earned a pilots license has is to be commended. There is a lot to learn to be a good safe pilot. I wanted a military flying career but it was not to be. I joined the air force and worked on the B-58 Hustler. Fantastic airplane but a bit complex. Later in life, military far from my mind, I met a Navy Recruiter. He made me an offer I could not refuse. So I joined. I got to do a few things the average reservist does not get to do. Retired E-9 Master chief Pertty Officer. It was a good career.

as they say, there are old pilots and bold pilots... but no old, bold pilots! ;)

As for the PAM. The grass here in East Texas may be different. All the mower I've had always had grass stick to the deck. It hardens like paper mache and sticks like it too. I always had to scrape the deck to clean then. Same thing with my Kubota. That is until I found PAM. once I started using it the decks remained clean. The pictures were taken after the 2014 mowing season and before the start of the 2015 season. I will be getting a call shortly to service the mower for the 2016 season. I will see how it looks.

sounds like we got the same kind a grass - green! lol

I wish I had a picture of all the crud I would remove from the deck.

not needed, I have had plenty of under deck time... even with goggles with sides, crud still gets in eye... but chisel it off, it must be done... genuine PITA job!

If you want to try it, clean the mower deck. Presure wash if possible. Let it dry thoroughly then spray a heavy coat of PAM. Let it dry thoroughly before using mower. Only way to know for sure is to try it.

thanks ET! you have provided the info I need to further consider your plan. I intend to give it a try. my next thing to do to my mower is... de scale it... lol under deck... ie, just below topside... ;) then PAM it....

I think I'll do that too. Got 6 lawns a week (2 of them large) that the mower does. My own mower blades looked much worse than the 3rd of those blades! It's amazing how much metal could be rubbed off by grass sticking to the deck.

Backyard LumberJack, I agree. Anyone who has earned a pilots license has is to be commended. There is a lot to learn to be a good safe pilot. I wanted a military flying career but it was not to be. I joined the air force and worked on the B-58 Hustler. Fantastic airplane but a bit complex. Later in life, military far from my mind, I met a Navy Recruiter. He made me an offer I could not refuse. So I joined. I got to do a few things the average reservist does not get to do. Retired E-9 Master chief Pertty Officer. It was a good career.

As for the PAM. The grass here in East Texas may be different. All the mower I've had always had grass stick to the deck. It hardens like paper mache and sticks like it too. I always had to scrape the deck to clean then. Same thing with my Kubota. That is until I found PAM. once I started using it the decks remained clean. The pictures were taken after the 2014 mowing season and before the start of the 2015 season. I will be getting a call shortly to service the mower for the 2016 season. I will see how it looks.

I wish I had a picture of all the crud I would remove from the deck.

If you want to try it, clean the mower deck. Presure wash if possible. Let it dry thoroughly then spray a heavy coat of PAM. Let it dry thoroughly before using mower. Only way to know for sure is to try it.

Can I take a redneck shortcut?
Just throw a can of PAM on the ground and run over it with the mower.
BOOM, instant undercoating. lol

Can I take a redneck shortcut?
Just throw a can of PAM on the ground and run over it with the mower.
BOOM, instant undercoating. lol

Ah... There is always the shortcut. Give it a try. It may just work. Report back with results. LOL.

Back