Husqvarna 350 comparison video with cut times!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be more interested in untouched p/c comparison. Say a stock 350 jug w a dished piston. Stock jug with flat top. Hyway kit. Hutzl kit. Kafar kit and a stock 346 kit. All as shiped with no porting. Same muffler be it modded or stock and may be a base gasket delete. But keep playing field equal. Something that average guy can do with out having to get into grinding cylinders.

I would be more interested in untouched p/c comparison. Say a stock 350 jug w a dished piston. Stock jug with flat top. Hyway kit. Hutzl kit. Kafar kit and a stock 346 kit. All as shiped with no porting. Same muffler be it modded or stock and may be a base gasket delete. But keep playing field equal. Something that average guy can do with out having to get into grinding cylinders.
Your name is "Addicted2HP" you should WANT grinding to be done :)

Are you volunteering? :clap:

This test was to satisfy my own curiosity, and its so far been a very pricey venture...for little gain. :confused:

I agree that such a test might be more meaningful, since most people aren't going to be grinding, they just want to slap a cylinder down and go for it. Now that we have a dyno, it might be easier to procure such a test. Still have to buy all the cylinders though. If it were me, I would toss the kafar kit out immediately. The casting was just not near as nice as the others, and the UK kit, though similar, was more complete as a kit.

To be honest though, I don't know which saw was which... #1 or #3.... one of them is UK, the other is kafar. #3 was the slowest of the bunch, putting up at best a 12 second cut. #1 WAS able to put in a sub 10 sec run, so in reality the only outlier of the 5 is #3. remember, #2 is an oem cylinder, w/ different style of ports....the removable transfer covers....and I don't remember the exact timing on this saw. #1 comes close to 4 and 5, and the difference is literally half a second.

I really don't get anything out of this test. I'm not getting donations or anything, this is my own $ and my own test. If someone else would like to do a similar test I'd love to see it, and certainly there is value in having more direct comparisons.

I still don't know why #3 ran so much slower, and I don't know why the "stock" saw was putting up such awesome times ..... :crazy2:

Looking at this again, #1 is only 5% slower than 4 and 5. 4 and 5 are statistical ties. Saw #2 is basically irrelevant due to the cylinder being a different config anyway... of interest...Dan, last year when you ran #5 and #2 at the gtg, you said #2 was about 20% slower...and you were right :) 20-25%. I may not bring saw #2 to the gtg ... its basically irrelevant, and I think we know that its slower, we know how much slower it is too, so there is no sense in bringing it.

My Chinese P and C arrived today.

For the price I paid, the quality is what was expected. We will be using the piston for sure but may use the OE 45MM jug if it cleans up. This will definitely need the ports cleaned up if we use it.

The online listing said Huztl but the parts are labeled Farmertech.

For the price I paid, the quality is what was expected. We will be using the piston for sure but may use the OE 45MM jug if it cleans up. This will definitely need the ports cleaned up if we use it.

can you post a link to the listing?

Farmertec is Huztl.

Latest posts

Back