Massive Oak Takedown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know that customers immediately recognize quality tree work-all those other sneaky operators must keep their blooper reels confidential.

It's easy to get hurt in this business.

You don't even have to be up a tree to get hurt, here is me making a two handed cut from the ground:

I may be old but I ain't slow. The branch got caught in my saddle's bridge.

Why would you let that branch hinge down like that? That seemed like a recipe for getting butt struck. I agree with whomever said.. In a way commendable, but your technique definitely leaves something to be desired. Please be safe. And try and learn from your own and others mistakes.

7 years and you still look like a rookie out there (up there too)... DO you teach your new climbers by example???? let them one hand???? A seasoned pro will keep two hands on the saw unless he has a reason not to. You take one hand off the saw for no good reason and leave yourself in bad cutting positions regularly... How many times are you going to have to watch the ground crew struggle with hung limbs before you realize its better to cut the ****** stubs off . Why WHY WHY would you ever leave a ladder leaning on the tree in a big removal like that.. there is just no excuse for that kind of tree work, 7 years later and after all the feedback you've gotten online... drone video is nice, climbing those big trees at 68 is amazing... almost as amazing as the stupidity .. don;t like to be so harsh and judgmental but you deserve it... next time you cut yourself you may not be so lucky as to get carried away still breathing! are you looking for attention???? can't get the positive so you'll take the negative...

7 years and you still look like a rookie out there (up there too)... DO you teach your new climbers by example???? let them one hand???? A seasoned pro will keep two hands on the saw unless he has a reason not to. You take one hand off the saw for no good reason and leave yourself in bad cutting positions regularly... How many times are you going to have to watch the ground crew struggle with hung limbs before you realize its better to cut the ****** stubs off . Why WHY WHY would you ever leave a ladder leaning on the tree in a big removal like that.. there is just no excuse for that kind of tree work, 7 years later and after all the feedback you've gotten online... drone video is nice, climbing those big trees at 68 is amazing... almost as amazing as the stupidity .. don;t like to be so harsh and judgmental but you deserve it... next time you cut yourself you may not be so lucky as to get carried away still breathing! are you looking for attention???? can't get the positive so you'll take the negative...

I have to agree strongly with all of the above points. I'm all for taking a calculated risk with the emphasis on CALCULATED, but doing something risky just to look cool is stupid and dangerous.

Latest posts

Back