Totem CRT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcwild

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am involved in the sport of canyoneering. Have been following this forum for awhile now to pick up ideas and tricks from other rope disciplines and have incorporated some of the techniques learned here into our own canyoneering training.

I designed a rigging device for canyon rescue, made by Rock Exotica, that I call the Totem CRT (Canyon Rescue Technician). Noticing that a number of the sales have been going to arborists. I'm curious to know how it might be used in your work -- and of course, wondering if I am neglecting a potential market for the device.

Linking to a photo. The blue one in the photo is the original Totem, on the market since 2008.

http://www.canyoneering.net/images/totems.jpg

totems.jpg

Possibly as a basal tie-off for SRT since it has the ears, but I don't know for sure. I tried to undo the tie off on the ears on the Rock Exotica mini-eight while loaded and couldn't so I contacted Rock Exotica to ask what the recommended modes of use of it was and they told me they didn't have any and I should figure it out myself. I haven't used it since.

Back