Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Tis the season to be a scrounger in this area. Wild night to say the least. They are saying 80mph straight line winds.
http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/...ltrami-county-causing-widespread-damage-photo I have Sugar Maples down in the yard, a bunch of debris, and my perennial garden got hit hard. But I'll take that over having the roof ripped off like I saw on 9 buildings just on my way to work.I'll be interested to see how bad the trails in the woods are. I guess downtown looks like a war zone.

sure hate to hear of storm damage like that. especially the planes crumpled all up! not good! good wishes with the clean up...

My two trees, we were able to salvage what was left of the big one and make it semi presentable.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Neighbor two blocks down. We cut up these trees so she could get out of the driveway and I got the wood.
image.jpeg

Same tree. You can see how it skidded over 30 feet.
image.jpeg

Their other tree. She brought over a case of beer for each of us last night.
image.jpeg

Yard next to theirs. House sustained only minor cosmetic damage.
image.jpeg

With the exception of these aspen and willow I only saw a couple broken oaks around the area. However the nursery raised silver maples were decimated. Obviously won't be buying anymore of those.

My two trees, we were able to salvage what was left of the big one and make it semi presentable.
View attachment 514853 View attachment 514854

Neighbor two blocks down. We cut up these trees so she could get out of the driveway and I got the wood.
View attachment 514855

Same tree. You can see how it skidded over 30 feet.
View attachment 514856

Their other tree. She brought over a case of beer for each of us last night.
View attachment 514857

Yard next to theirs. House sustained only minor cosmetic damage.
View attachment 514858

With the exception of these aspen and willow I only saw a couple broken oaks around the area. However the nursery raised silver maples were decimated. Obviously won't be buying anymore of those.

seeing is believing... clearly, one he** of a windy storm. big winds always scare me... :eek: the oaks can rip a house in two. I remember Ike's passing thru the neighborhood... left a terrible mess... I happened to look out my LR window about 2 am... as the neighbor's big oak came down... omg! makes one :happybanana: (sans the smile) and :crazy2:in shock! one neighbor last year had a MONSTER oak come down thru the middle of his house. entire neighborhood was in shock along with owner. could have been me syndrome... well, until he got his entire house rebuilt! ;) interior, exterior, rood, shingles, etc... once it came thru there went the utilities. power company wouldn't hook him back up for over 3 weeks! they had to have a high end generator... a medical type unit... wind storms are not fun! glad u and friends safe, though... that is what matters most. :)

thanks for the foto essay...

Back