good/best chain for 372xp with longer bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mes261

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Getting a 372xp tomorrow and want to put a 28" bar on it or maybe even a 30" or 32". I know I need to run a semi skip or full skip more than likely. I cant find anything that isnt square ground. What do you all recommend for "round ground" chains that are semi skip/full skip? thanks

I know it won't be optimal with a 28-32. I won't be using it too often so I will be ok. When I do use it, it will be mostly in hardwood though. The occasional large spar or downed tree. I mostly do pruning, that as why I won't use it that often. Just looking for the best chain for those longer bar lengths with this saw. I need round ground as well

I would definitely run full skip. I believe Stihl makes full skip RS which would be good chain.

Looking to get a longer bar for occasional big stuff. Bar and chain combos, length Recommendations ect... Looking at the 30-32" area. Remember.. It's for occasional big stuff.
its for a 372xp x-torq. Ready go!

Left coast supplies has a good deal on a 32" D009 mount GB titanium bar. Like 67 bucks with a loop of LGX (which is full comp) but you can get another loop or modify the LGX maybe?

Left coast supplies has a good deal on a 32" D009 mount GB titanium bar. Like 67 bucks with a loop of LGX (which is full comp) but you can get another loop or modify the LGX maybe?
I can't tell you how many times I have looked at that bar for my 2186! But I don't even use the 28" bar enough to justify it.

i run a 36" stihl light on my 372's with ground oregon CJX. very smooth cutting and fast. it's like a light saber in the woods. i'm at the point now where the 390's just sit.

I can't tell you how many times I have looked at that bar for my 2186! But I don't even use the 28" bar enough to justify it.
I was using my 385xp and the 32" bar to buck up a large silver maple. It loved pulling that. The 395 is just gonna be relegated to mill duty I think.

Latest posts

Back