Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my two wheel wheelbarrow... 10 cu ft... suddenly rolls all but like on a flat tire.! :eek: airs hard, then 2 mins later soft. so remove, and ck in water tub... no air leaks! :wtf: so keep looking, seems rim hole for stem when upset... left sharp edge, so tube's valve stem got cut thru... o_O. so time to start sourcing. don't like any prices I read or hear. new wheel/tire/tube $15.00 at H Fgt. keep calling around... find tire store just few blocks over... sure, we can have it here tomorrow and do it, too. cost? tube:$5 and to change it out: $2. :surprised3: OK!..... lol... so that is on the agenda for Friday... etc. always something. ;)

yes, given I had a tire repair requirement... yes, I liked that price! lol

My garden trailer, about the size of your wheelbarrow, kept getting flats. Tire shop suggested I replace the wheels with solid tires. Bit spendy but worth not having to make trip to twon to get tires fixed.

My garden trailer, about the size of your wheelbarrow, kept getting flats. Tire shop suggested I replace the wheels with solid tires. Bit spendy but worth not having to make trip to twon to get tires fixed.

what makes them go flat? thorns? no doubt solid wont get air leaks... lol... that green goo for tires mite work, tried any of that... cheaper than 'bit spendy'... good luck down there in SE Washington... in days gone by our family used to pick cheeries down along the Snake River... sure were tasty. we could even climb up into the trees... them days long gone these days... well, other than $2.00 to change out a tube! lol ;)

you making square or round bales? what would it do? just not operate and bale since from tractor to baler?...

Round bales, the connection is what worked the twine fingers that wrap the twine around the bale. I need to find a new plug for it. Most automotive plugs are 16 gauge and I need a 10 gauge 2 conductor plug in connector.

I hear you guys. Got a free wheelbarrow that had a flat. New tube for the off sized wheel was over 20 bucks and a new wheelbarrow was $30. Pretty easy decision to go new.

Round bales, the connection is what worked the twine fingers that wrap the twine around the bale. I need to find a new plug for it. Most automotive plugs are 16 gauge and I need a 10 gauge 2 conductor plug in connector.

oic - 10 gauge huh, sounds like a lot of amps?... no sense in making round bales if when u drop it, it becomes a hay pile... ;)

Run flats at Tractor Supply were $15 per tire.
Harbor Freight has regular tires on sale at certain times for about $5 per tire and rim.
I got tired of buying new tires every few months do I bought these run flats to try out. Only bad thing I can say is the rolling resistance.

Run flats at Tractor Supply were $15 per tire.
Harbor Freight has regular tires on sale at certain times for about $5 per tire and rim.
I got tired of buying new tires every few months do I bought these run flats to try out. Only bad thing I can say is the rolling resistance.

what r u pulling the garden kart with?....

I use the wagon when I cut wood in the woods and I can't get my truck close. I load up the wagon and it is much easier than carrying the wood out by hand. Cuts down on the number of trips. The wagon is older and is about 5 ft long by 24 inches wide. The typical metal with screen mesh sides and bottom.

I use the wagon when I cut wood in the woods and I can't get my truck close. I load up the wagon and it is much easier than carrying the wood out by hand. Cuts down on the number of trips. The wagon is older and is about 5 ft long by 24 inches wide. The typical metal with screen mesh sides and bottom.

oic, so you are the 'primer mover'?.... as in 2-footed muscle power?...

Plus, homeowners don't really like when you drive your truck on their lawns. The wagon is a little more palatable for them.

Oh yeah. I forgot to answer your question. Lol. Yes. I pull the wagon by my own power. I am mostly a one man show.

Progress has been slower than hoped due to bad back spasms and a broken control valve on the splitter. Each pile is right at 50' which gives me 180' total feet so far. I have wood staged so I can split at night since we are in a 95-100 degree heatwave. Gotta get it done some!image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

what makes them go flat? thorns? no doubt solid wont get air leaks... lol... that green goo for tires mite work, tried any of that... cheaper than 'bit spendy'... good luck down there in SE Washington... in days gone by our family used to pick cheeries down along the Snake River... sure were tasty. we could even climb up into the trees... them days long gone these days... well, other than $2.00 to change out a tube! lol ;)

Thorns. I tried the goo but other than making a mess when fixing a flat they didn't help. I planted a row of Shademaster locust which is a thornless honey locust. After around 30 years suddenly one of them reverted and had the nasty thorns. It didn't survive the day I noticed, expired from a chainsawectomy. Still was getting thorn flats some 15 years later.

I've got one of those, most useful cart of the three I use. I use it behind thre rider mower to move wood from the stacks into the back porch, goes right through the door. I put 2 1/2 cord in there in the fall then 3 more during the season as the supply dwindles.

Did have to have some beefing up of the front steering assembly. Had the first cart worked on 1x and gave it away when it broke again. Just had the second go on the replacement. This time it was fixed right. Problem is the flat 1/8"x1" strap that holds the spindles at the top. It had 3/4" holes for the spindles at both ends...didn't leave much mean and the expected happened, one hole broke out and that's all she wrote. Current job replaced that rediculouis underengineered POS with a 1/4" x 1.5" strap.

Back