First day of summer "break"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I'm a teacher and sell firewood on the side. Today was my first day of break. Having approximately 75 days off gives me a lot of time to process wood but I don't think there will be enough days this summer to get it all done. I have a local tree guy dropping off loads of mostly oak logs and now it's time for me to try and catch up to him. The goal is 150 cords by Labor Day. I have approximately 45 done so far and I will be hiring out some help splitting for hopefully 25-30 hours a week.

You really need to have a GTG cutting party. 20 to 30 people with alot of saws and equipment could knock alot of that out in a weekend. :muscle: Knowing the people here most would work for food and a place to pitch a tent. :yes:

Teaching is his break compared to splitting wood in the heat all day!

Looking good BTW.
One job works the mind, the other works the body. 88 sunny, breezy, low humidity today. Put in 6 hours. It's hard to jump right into 8 hour days of that when you haven't done it in a while.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Added to two different piles in the last week. I hate to jump around but both piles have older oak logs in the way and I need to get the newer ones cut and split first. The one pile is 45' long and the other is 35'.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg It's been a while so I figured I would update this thread. I haven't gotten done as much as I would have hoped. I picked up some landscaping jobs which pay well and I've had a few setbacks. I was down for just about a week with really bad back spasms which randomly happen to me and my splitter was down for almost 10 days with a control valve problem. These 2 piles are each right at 50'. I've been bouncing back and forth between them. I have wood staged at each pile which I normally don't take the time to do but we are on day 2 out of 7 of 95-100 degree days so I plan on splitting at night using a head lamp.

Sometimes you just gotta say it isn't worth it! While I do admire the dedication, will and stamina; you have got to get control of your disease man!:laugh:

Latest posts

Back