Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I don't own or use a boat most times . LOL

Well.....kinda hard to get to the island without one. Could take the mailboat.......$18.00 per person each way.....so $72.oo for the bride and I to go out and back......then us and all our stuffs on the wrong end of the island.....5 miles over real bad road or 7 miles over slightly better road.....some tar even.....boat ain't so bad.....plus I can row my groceries to with 10 feet of the kitchen door....you also get to come and go when you want not on a schedule . This time of year is real bad with tourists and all.....later in the fall is best...but then the weather goes to hell.....cain't win ...evah!!!

Yeah...this time of year really sucks down in Stonington.....I generally try to time my departures/arrivals early or late but yesterday high tide was at 3pm so I wanted to be in the water at noon and back out at 6....half tide is best for me at the only boat ramp in town...but the middle of the day the place is covered with slackers just enjoying life and the wonder of it all, with little/no regard for anyone else.........I meen it says "Vacationland" right on our license plates....right? We're all on vacation aren't we?? Perhaps, but I swear some are just "Out to Lunch"!!!

Really sucks when you need to make a deadline and some jerk or jerks are holding you up. I have to pay an annual fee to launch my boat now but I can also park and store my boat and truck there year round. We all know there is no lollygagging about on the ramp or dock, just launch or load and move out. Like it that way much betterer than the other place.

Really sucks when you need to make a deadline and some jerk or jerks are holding you up. I have to pay an annual fee to launch my boat now but I can also park and store my boat and truck there year round. We all know there is no lollygagging about on the ramp or dock, just launch or load and move out. Like it that way much betterer than the other place.

Yep better that way.....would rather pay rather than deal with everyone at the public landing. Tourist haven't a clue.......and the local fishermen treat you like a tourist just because you don't have a fishing vessel. Really hard to believe that Stonington, the largest lobstering port in Maine only has one boat ramp....and over half of that is just natural ledge.....to shallow a pitch near high tide to even get the boat in the water without backing the truck in too.....not!!!!!

Yep better that way.....would rather pay rather than deal with everyone at the public landing. Tourist haven't a clue.......and the local fishermen treat you like a tourist just because you don't have a fishing vessel. Really hard to believe that Stonington, the largest lobstering port in Maine only has one boat ramp....and over half of that is just natural ledge.....to shallow a pitch near high tide to even get the boat in the water without backing the truck in too.....not!!!!!

This way I don`t have to deal with the tourists or the yacckers taking up space.

Big doings here last night. Belated birthday celebrations for the daughter and the FIL. Much food and beverage!!! Also combined in this was a kind of a family going away party for the daughter....she be leaving for school in Argentina next Thurs. I didn't want get up this morning and face the mess.....but....that's all done now...'nuther nice warm day here...humid...

Fahg is real tic, can wring moisture right outa er, be some sticky today.
Probably my old used fagh from yesterday morning!!!! Nice and clear here today but gonna be hot and sticky......turn the fans on in the shop and spend the day putting a 621 together.....but first I have to bandsaw out and sand 8 rather complex trim brackets to match the originals ones on an old "gingerbread" house for another contractor.....said I'd have 'em done today...so I must....rather be doing saw work actually....

Yup , prob is that the sand should be in the piston and cylinder, not the carb .

Did I pas the test ?

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

NO.......NO pass for you! 'sides that was spruce chips....or biofuel...not beech sand....pfffft...Stihl Guys never give up......no pass for youse....go home....:buttkick:

Back