Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw races were a heck of a fun time to both watch and compete in. Thanks again to Sarah and Andy for putting this all together!

It was a lot of fun to see the modded saws from both the well known builders as well as the "home brews"!

One of these days I'll be able to attend the whole event. Today was my anniversary so I had to skidaddle after a few races. Of the four saw events near me this year, two fall on my kid's birthdays, one on our anniversary, and I was coaching and my assistant was out of commission for the fourth! One of these days the calendar will be free!!!

Sorry I didn't get more pictures as I was just to enthralled watching.

@Hedgerow and @mortalitool. My filter had accidentally changed to b/w and I thought it made a cool pic. Hedge with the win.
image.jpeg

@andydodgegeek racing himself. Left saw won.
image.jpeg

@mortalitool and @bikemike in the top handle finals. Mike took home the hardware.
image.jpeg

@stihlx8 and @mortalitool. I think Nick won.
image.jpeg

As you can see the weather improved drastically towards the middle of the races.

Sorry I didn't get more pictures as I was just to enthralled watching.

@Hedgerow and @mortalitool. My filter had accidentally changed to b/w and I thought it made a cool pic. Hedge with the win.
View attachment 515268

@andydodgegeek racing himself. Left saw won.
View attachment 515269

@mortalitool and @bikemike in the top handle finals. Mike took home the hardware.
View attachment 515270

@stihlx8 and @mortalitool. I think Nick won.
View attachment 515271

As you can see the weather improved drastically towards the middle of the races.
Look how clean that trailer was. Was is the key word

Thanks to everyone for a good weekend despite the weather. And learned a few new things as well (like remembering to make sure your fuel/oil caps are properly tightened before racing) and at the roundtable discussion at the dodgegeeks after the races.
Saw your 2100 on video, nice cutting!

I'm thinking about a new, profit oriented venture for the Upper Midwest GTG crew: we travel to arid, drought stricken regions and offer to host a GTG. Torrential rain seems to be a certainty. Could pay for a bunch of new saws and gear!

Philbert
No doubt!

The rain stops when I have to leave so just don't let me leave lol.

Back