Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a unpleasant surprise l found on this here P40 saw l guess someone in the past felt JB weld would be a bad joke on someone.
Anyhow l was able to clean it out and remove screw.

Attachments

• DSC00002_888.JPG
    DSC00002_888.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC00003_889.JPG
    DSC00003_889.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • DSC00005_891.JPG
    DSC00005_891.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
Can anybody with the factory k&n set up tell me what the gasket on the bottom of the base is made out of.I got one but the gasket is gone,for now i made do with weather strip.

The material seems to be a dense closed cell type black foam. l measured the thickness, you should see it in pic. pic on left is new nos item and pic on right is a used take off base showing some wear.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSC00016_902.JPG
    DSC00016_902.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
A little history on the p-52.It's a old usfs hot shots saw that was set aside in a shed for who now's long.Back in 2013 it was found by a usfs worker with 3 other's then traded in for new saw's.Fellow as member Paul hill found them at the saw shop and bought them.I bought mine from Paul hill,I should have posted this before the pic's but oh well.

Thank you for the compliment, I love it so far.I really wasn't looking for it kind of stumbled across it.I was looking for a p-51 at the time,but i'm very glad i got this saw.

Back