Siberian Larch Health

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanS

Reaction score
image.jpeg Hello,

Wanted to get your opinions on our Larch that was planted in May of this year. Has been healthy and green all year until now but I'm wondering if this looks 'normal' for the fall process of the Larch needles turning yellow and falling off - just thought it was a bit early but maybe not.

Some of the needles are still green but they feel quite brittle and fall off easily.

Let me know if there is any other useful information I can provide.

Thanks,
Ryan

I see you are in Canada. How far up are you? What have nighttime temps been? I see you planted and mulched it. I assume you've been watering it faithfully and didn't ovetfertilize it. If you bought it at a reputable nursery and it fails in its first season they should replace it at no charge. Maybe pay them a visit and see what thier larches are doing
Try not to worry, it WANTS to live.

Thanks for the info! I'll take your advice and check in with the nursery I bought the tree from to see how they are doing.

I'm about a 4-5 hours drive north of the Montana/Canada border. Nighttime temps over the last couple weeks have been the coldest of the year. Range from about 50-60F.

It's been watered regularily through out the year; however, we had an unusual amount of rain earlier this month so I was concerned its current state was due to over watering. It was only fertilized when it was planted in May of this year.

Thanks again!

Back