• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Older machine w brick red shrouds. Aftermarket air filter and muffler. OEM piston and cylinder. New NGK plug, OEM fuel filter, OEM sprocket, and brand new 18" Stihl bar and chain. $300 or best offer, shipping and bar and chain included in that price. Questions or offers, just PM me.20160823_174734.jpg Message_1471996446562.jpg Message_1471996403125.jpg 20160823_185052.jpg 20160823_185027.jpg

Yep, Red Lever saw. Obviously, something corrosive got onto the sprocket cover causing the loss of powder coat and pitting on the sprocket cover, because the rest of the machine is in remarkable condition. powdercoat loss on the bottom from being set down (typical wear), but hardly any loss on the front, and the rest of the machine looks immaculate! I did my best to show it's condition with the attached photos. Also, it's starting to grow on me, and if someone doesn't buy it quick, I may just keep the little guy!

Yep, Red Lever saw. Obviously, something corrosive got onto the sprocket cover causing the loss of powder coat and pitting on the sprocket cover, because the rest of the machine is in remarkable condition. powdercoat loss on the bottom from being set down (typical wear), but hardly any loss on the front, and the rest of the machine looks immaculate! I did my best to show it's condition with the attached photos. Also, it's starting to grow on me, and if someone doesn't buy it quick, I may just keep the little guy!

Some aircraft paint remover or bead/sand blasting and a $5.75 rattle can of Stihl paint from your local dealer and viola- new clutch cover! I also recommend 2-3 coats of matt or semi-gloss clear to keep the Stihl paint from chipping back off. The paint is a perfect match, but not hard/powder coated like from the factory. I reach for my 026 more than I ever thought I would.

Limbing with an MS-440R, even w a 28" ES Light, really isn't my favorite task. I'm starting to feel that this 026 may have a solid place in my saw stable. Someone buy this thing before I change my mind about selling it!

Nobody bought it, and its grown on me too much. Decided to keep it and throw in a new slug and rings, gaskets... Maybe ill even throw some new bearings in the bottom end while i'm there doing the crankcase gasket. They're cheap enough! Thanks anyways guys.

Nobody bought it, and its grown on me too much. Decided to keep it and throw in a new slug and rings, gaskets... Maybe ill even throw some new bearings in the bottom end while i'm there doing the crankcase gasket. They're cheap enough! Thanks anyways guys.

Good choice...

Back