whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened up the access holes today and found out what's going on. There was a splice right at the first lower access hole. The splicing hardware is about 10 inches long. The hose under the splice popped out.
I'll just cut a small piece out, reconnect and fill up the fluid, soap and power wash all the oil off the truck.

Question: do I need, if so how do I prime the lines or just that line? Do I just crack open the fitting of that line on top? Thx. Erwin

Dr. When you say clean up so you just mean clean the spill on the truck, platform or is there anything else I need to know. Thx for your input.

Looking at splicing parts on AW site I know now that thing is indeed a splicing kit from B/A products.

Dr. When you say clean up so you just mean clean the spill on the truck, platform or is there anything else I need to know. Thx for your input.

Go back and clean up the job site so you don't get an insurance claim. Is this the first line you've blown on a jobsite? I wouldn't underestimate a pissed homeowner.

I already did that the day it happened. Plenty detergent and power wash.

Yes. This is not only my first line break, and it happened On the first time use of my very first bucket truck. Erwin

Gorman. Thx for the concern. I fill all my time with friendly referrals. When it happened the home owner seems to feel more sorry for my then I do to myself. But I still clean it up super well

Thanks Treebilly. I was trying really hard to figure out how to prime the system. Rather not do it. The system is at least 10 gal low on fluis now. Got 15 gal AW46 to put in tomorrow.

tree MDS, Im new in bucket truck. Why are you not using your bucket? I understand that that tree might be higher then the bucket can reach. but why not use it to get you as high as it can go and climb from there? just trying to learn. Thx. Erwin
If you're going to climb out of the bucket, you need to have your groundies get the bucket out of the way so you don't hit it later.

Whenever I go to the dump, my groundies, no matter how green, operate the lower controls to lift the bucket so we can dump. They need the experience of using the lower controls should you get into trouble. They also need to practice doing bucket rescues.

Given you have an older truck that may have more hydraulic issues, you may want to consider carrying a throwline in the bucket with you. Should you get stuck up high where you can't climb down a ladder, you can drop the throwline and have your belt and rope sent up to you so you can rappel out of the bucket. Or hope your groundies can throw the throwline 65'.

Hydraulic fluid will kill grass real quick and can be a ***** to clean from a driveway.

Was thinking about carrying a short 70 feet throw line. Then realized that there are times I do work alone so I decided to carry a 8mm recreational role in the bucket.

I got into with a builder over shorting us $1,000 on some removals. The guy then proceeded to provide me with "his" copy of the contract which he has altered. When I produced
the original he starts in with "That's been altered! I'm not going for that you bastard! That's been modified"!

I got into with a builder over shorting us $1,000 on some removals. The guy then proceeded to provide me with "his" copy of the contract which he has altered. When I produced
the original he starts in with "That's been altered! I'm not going for that you bastard! That's been modified"!

This sucks. This is one of the reasons I submit proposals via email. It's on my computer, my server, and their server.

You got a sig, you get paid
Jeff

Hot and humid again today. My crew was the last one in again and completely whooped. The boss is happy we're knocking stuff out. The guys are happy come payday because we have all the overtime we want. And I'm happy because I might not need to get a loan to put an addition on my house if we can keep it going.
As miserable as it was at work, it was a beautiful day:cheers:

Hot and humid again today. My crew was the last one in again and completely whooped. The boss is happy we're knocking stuff out. The guys are happy come payday because we have all the overtime we want. And I'm happy because I might not need to get a loan to put an addition on my house if we can keep it going.
As miserable as it was at work, it was a beautiful day:cheers:

Keep it up, bro!,
Everyday is a beautiful day when you make it home,
Our guy's are getting massive overtime,
Get er done,
Jeff

058b53ca89d98c498d2c8517c352ba3f.jpg
filmed me a little fly **** lmao

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Put brand new hydraulic supply lines on my new bucket truck yesterday. Costed me $580 for a 56 feet line and a 9 feet line. Took it out today for a small job. I think that I do like it over clbing. Hopefully I can use it for at least 20% of my jobs.

Back