Hack: Removing a chainsaw stuck in a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the sawing motion wonder what the motor was for he was doing the sawing ! What a **********!!!!!!!!!!!

OP,
You've got work ethic & determination, I'll give you that.

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=1260

But this book, read it, let it sink in, and also take #TheJollyLogger up on his offer if even remotely close.

Wrong work Habits can be corrected, but poor work ethics are hard to overcome.

The probability of getting hurt is like any probability. If you follow safe work practices the probability is very low, the more dangerous the work practices the higher the probability. However, probabilities are only an indication of the likelihood of an event (in this case an injury) over a large number of activities. It cannot guarantee what will happen on the next activity. So when you say you've done this without incident for 16 years, is no assurance of what will happen the next time.

If you flip a coin 1000 times and it comes up head each time, the probability of getting a head or tail on the next flip is still 50/50. The law of averages says it will eventually get a tail, but no indication which time.

The probability of getting hurt is like any probability. If you follow safe work practices the probability is very low, the more dangerous the work practices the higher the probability. However, probabilities are only an indication of the likelihood of an event (in this case an injury) over a large number of activities. It cannot guarantee what will happen on the next activity. So when you say you've done this without incident for 16 years, is no assurance of what will happen the next time.

If you flip a coin 1000 times and it comes up head each time, the probability of getting a head or tail on the next flip is still 50/50. The law of averages says it will eventually get a tail, but no indication which time.

Interesting analogy, but if you could influence the outcome of the coin toss by using reason and experience the odds change, don't they?

Mr. Fritz, you are a brave man for posting that video here sir. Please take Jolly up on his offer........he might introduce you to a wedge. In the best of times that would be an annoying tree to get down......but I'd bet some of these guys can do it in their sleep. I'm no tree guy, just a hack with some porting tools, so I pay close attention to these folks. I hope you will too.

Glad you weren't hurt sir.

Interesting analogy, but if you could influence the outcome of the coin toss by using reason and experience the odds change, don't they?

The flaw in your argument is your video. It didn't help your case. 16 years of bad habits isn't necessarily experience.

OMG! That was painful! I'm no professional at all, and I'm not judging too much, but why didn't you use the come along to release the first chainsaw instead of making two, more dangerous cuts. Also, let the motor do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back