essential mods for ms650?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSully23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey everyone, I'm new here and just recently caught the "saw bug". I don't work with my saws on a day to day basis (I'm a marine/boat tech) but I very much enjoy using them and working on them. I've searched Google and almost every time I'm looking for an answer this website pops up so I figured I'd join and chime in.

Now that the intro's done, on to the question. A few weeks ago I picked up a basically new ms650 w/ a 28" bar for a really good deal. The saw has plenty of grunt but I could tell it has alot more to give. So after doing a search first thing that came up was a DP muffler and a good tune. Last night I ordered the OEM stihl DP cover, and I plan to open up the internals of the muffler a little more and give it a good tune. so my next question, is there any other quick little mods to do or is sending the saw out to get worked on really the next best option. The saws more than enough to fit my needs, but I don't see anything wrong with wanting to squeeze a little more out of it...

Also here's a pic of my new to me 650 and 200t

Attachments

• 20160830_144845.jpg
    20160830_144845.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 15
Back