Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumb question from a mac guy to you pioneer collectors, my dad has a model 650 pioneer, but I believe it's white bottom instead of yellow like I've seen on google, does this mean anything to you guys?
Faded paint. The yellow used by Pioneer at the Peterborough plant would often fade to a very light to white from exposure to the sun and elements.

I got some time on the weekend to finish up a couple saws. The 3200 has a bulb type primer that I adapted, new seals, new rings, and a weird carburetor that took too long to figure out, it has the high speed check valve/governor thing. It runs and cuts great, and as a bonus has almost all of its original paint.

The Nu-17 has the new coil, as suggested by cbfarmall and has been completely restored, the downside is that I am now too scared to put fuel in it.

20160826_081827.jpg

20160826_081844.jpg

20160826_081536.jpg

I got some time on the weekend to finish up a couple saws. The 3200 has a bulb type primer that I adapted, new seals, new rings, and a weird carburetor that took too long to figure out, it has the high speed check valve/governor thing. It runs and cuts great, and as a bonus has almost all of its original paint.

The Nu-17 has the new coil, as suggested by cbfarmall and has been completely restored, the downside is that I am now too scared to put fuel in it.

View attachment 522472

View attachment 522473

View attachment 522471
Very nice looking saws.

I love the looks of the 3200 series and yours is no exception.

Lots of saws use the fixed high speed carbs. Pioneer at least has it setup as semi-fixed to give some room for adjustment.

ModifiedMark figured out the OMC coil swap (after he had to change out his coil with a Wico), I simply confirmed it on my saws.

Chris B.

Faded paint. The yellow used by Pioneer at the Peterborough plant would often fade to a very light to white from exposure to the sun and elements.

Like this 700D?

pioneer700_15.jpg

I got to cut with my P41 for the 1st time. I love the sound it makes. Only have a 16" bar and chain for the moment, of course it pulled that with ease.
They are great saws,the more you use it the more you will like it.I run a 24" bar on mine and it pulls just fine in dead hard oak.And yep gotta love the pioneer sound.

What model might this be?
a78902eed417306258190acb2f144220.jpg

f60a7eb270cf86241202f2822a48340d.jpg

Sorry the pic is blurry from a text message.

If that is the original top cover then that saw is a model 610, the tree on the top cover of the model 600 is completely green and on the 610 it is just outlined in green.

Looking for some help to ID a part number on a clutch drum. The part number is 475213. I believe that it's for a P40 but that's just a guess based on a saw I used to have.

Anyway, I have 2 of them NOS with bearings. They don't fit anything I have or plan to get so I'd like to find someone who could use them.

Let me know if you know what they fit and if you want them.IMG_20160923_234220500.jpg

I'm also looking to find a new home for a P61 clutch cover. It has a small piece broken off but would still serve its purpose. I believe it could be repaired but I do not need it so if you're interested, please let me knowIMG_20160923_234620758_HDR.jpg

Looking for some help to ID a part number on a clutch drum. The part number is 475213. I believe that it's for a P40 but that's just a guess based on a saw I used to have.

Anyway, I have 2 of them NOS with bearings. They don't fit anything I have or plan to get so I'd like to find someone who could use them.

Let me know if you know what they fit and if you want them.
Paul I've got a Farmsaw that's still running the original spur sprocket (474455). If it'll fit I'll provide a good home.
Lou
I tried to cross that PN with my Farmsaw without any luck. 507475081 is the replacement I get for the FarmSaw.
Oregon 68210 7-Tooth Standard 7 Spline Power Mate Rim Pitch , 3/8 is the mate for the the 507475081.

Latest posts

Back