036 pro cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have read all I can about this but just wanted to ask. I have a 036 pro that needs a new piston and cylinder. I have found a meteor kit for like 139. And oem stuff for 269. Is the factory stuff worth twice the price?

I would get an OEM cylinder. The meteor piston quality is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your old cylinder won't clean up? Most will. Meteor is your piston, as it comes with Caber rings and the combo works as good as OEM, IMHO.

I've had pretty good luck with the Farmer Tech brand. Not sure what vendors carry it other than Bailey's though (I don't do business with them anymore after their data breach resulted in over $2000 of fraudulent charges)

I've got a brand new Farmer Tech P&C kit I'll sell you for $20 + shipping. I bought it because I wanted to try my hand at porting about a year ago, but I got around to it.

My meteor is nearly as nice as the oem Mahle I have. This had a few tanks through it. It runs great. I added a new caber top ring. Try to clean yours up.

I bought my Mahle piston and cylinder off of a member here and it's really nice and clean. It was an excellent price too well under the cost of new. I'd ask on the parts wanted section. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Back