Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for some bar nuts, J80. PN 504 03 38-00. I believe same for 621, 66E, 70, 80, 90, 111 and others.

I need 3. Will pay. Nothing against the fine folks at Baileys, would simply rather keep it organic. ;)

:D

Very cool! My wife studied for 6 months in Argentina when she was is college. She enjoyed it a great deal.

Have a wonderful trip!

I think it says: why are you in Argentina sir? are you on vacation with your family or are working?

That's how I understood it too!!

Brian
:D

Very cool! My wife studied for 6 months in Argentina when she was is college. She enjoyed it a great deal.

Have a wonderful trip!

That's cool too......she's headed to Jordon next semester.......I lak the interest to go there.....

Thanks!!! We are having a great time so far.....

Finally got around to checking the squish on the 80/90. .040"!!!

Pulled my homemade gasket out and went with just a schmear of Threebond around the cylinder base. Remeasured the squish at .030". Will sink it into some wood tomorrow.

Finally got around to checking the squish on the 80/90. .040"!!!

Pulled my homemade gasket out and went with just a schmear of Threebond around the cylinder base. Remeasured the squish at .030". Will sink it into some wood tomorrow.

Did you do a compression test before? I never checked the squish on any of my older Jonsereds as the stock cyl base gaskets were/are so thin....around 0.007" compressed...good to know the squish is +- 0.030" without any gasket. My 80 and 621s all have crazy compression numbers stock, compared to more modern saws.
The 80 is 238lbs and the 621s are both in the upper 220s.......with the stock gaskets......I wouldn't want any more on the 80.....damn thing starts like a kickstart Harley now....the 90 probably be better due to the decomp.....

Did you do a compression test before? I never checked the squish on any of my older Jonsereds as the stock cyl base gaskets were/are so thin....around 0.007" compressed...good to know the squish is +- 0.030" without any gasket. My 80 and 621s all have crazy compression numbers stock, compared to more modern saws.
The 80 is 238lbs and the 621s are both in the upper 220s.......with the stock gaskets......I wouldn't want any more on the 80.....damn thing starts like a kickstart Harley now....the 90 probably be better due to the decomp.....
Yeah, I put new rings in it and it was only pulling around 160. I thought it was maybe my homemade gasket. The factory gasket was .007" and the one I started with was only .009" when I cut it out.

This one pulled over at 182psi today cold. Tuned the carb and made two cuts in 12" seasoned maple. Feels really strong. Will hopefully get a few tanks through it this week and then check it again with the rings nice and seated.

This is such a fun saw....

Remember with the 90 you will need to remove and plug the decomp to get a realistic compression figure.....they most always leak by enough at pull starting rpm to throw the reading off...
....I did not know that....
:oops:

But that implies that the compression is actually higher than I am reading....so I got that going for me.... :D

I plan to swap my 32" GB back onto that saw this week. Give me a chance to winter-ize the 2 111S'. Then the 80/90 should get plenty of time in.

Just as an FYI, if you don't already know...the 80/(90 top end) was not designed to run a bar bigger than .058 gauge with .404 chisel chain. I run a 28" bar with .404 chisel on my 80 and a 32" bar with .404 chisel on my 90. But the bars are both .058. Granted, .058 chisel chain hasn't been made for yrs, but Tim helped me find a partial roll that wasn't really selling like a hot potato......so the stuff is still out there. .063 bar along with .404 chisel is too much for the 80/90(top end).

You can go longer with 3/8" B&C like they did with the 910......but it's 3/8" chain...lol.

Kevin

The 404 is for the two 111S' and the gear drives.

Although, I may stick a 20" 404 on this now and again, just for giggles.....

Latest posts

Back