At least the guy admits he's using it wrong.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused. I skimmed the video ahead and the guy walked away. Who's the guy with his leg bout cut off? Joe.

its hypothetical what will happen if he keeps up that mode of careless work,,,, legs head and body in harms way, saw idle too high chain running on as climbing over log,,, dear deity i dont wanna go on but blokes like this is why our hospital insurance is so high..

I thought that bar was goin right for his head at one point i jumped and everything was ready for a pretty messy vid but he was part of that near miss portion of the diagram above

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Just a few observations. The chain appears very loose. He should tighten it first. The carburetor should be set back a bit; the chain's still racing around the bar when on idle. Scampering over a log while holding a chainsaw with the chain moving is not prudent. He's getting some kickbacks, probably from pinching, and doesn't seem to notice. Little ones can lead to a big one. It's like a horse getting light up front as a prelude to rearing. Gotta pay attention to the small signs. And finally, I didn't see him engage the brake before struggling with that drop start.

It's a little bit of spooky video when you think about how many people didn't have as much luck as that guy.

Back