The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking the vid doesn't do it justice,

Firs are around 25-30 dbh, cedars right around 24" dbh, but everything is tall, good 90' of good logs in each fir, and so far getting 64-80' per cedar.

I go off how many loads I think I could get and its all guess and by golly, originally I figured 6-8 loads, but bid at 5 so like 20-32mbf (I get around 4k bf to a load sometimes more but not much, self loaders etc...)

The county stole about 2 loads, but what is left is better then I remember, and more of it too, once a guy starts poking around and seeing whats really there...

I'll try and keep a tally on this one too, since its a full cleanup job, all the timber money goes to me, I just have to dispose of the brush as cheap as possible... actually come to think of it... I started a thread about this job about a year ago, or more, been waiting that long on it.

Gonna try and take a short vid every morning on this project.

Try and show the progress and process a little bit, I am open to criticism creative criticism, but be aware I'm not exactly the quickest mover, and tend to overthink everything so progress isn't going to be lightning speed or anything.

This is part one, nothing has been cut so far, but the missus is on site.

I get a kick out of hearing you speak in the vids Northy. I always think "it's just like Rick Astley, but in reverse!"

df8f18a326fc641fd9d3b7666d1d2afa.jpg

Lost a swing motor in the harvester so I'm doing shop work such as fixing pin sets for the knives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gonna try and take a short vid every morning on this project.

Try and show the progress and process a little bit, I am open to criticism creative criticism, but be aware I'm not exactly the quickest mover, and tend to overthink everything so progress isn't going to be lightning speed or anything.

This is part one, nothing has been cut so far, but the missus is on site.

Only thing I can think of might be some active cutting and logging signs maybe.

really though, the big orange "ps yer county sucks" signs work pretty good, folks aren't as dumb as they let on.

Even with signs up I still get morons wandering on in.

I guess flaggers have a problem with folks just going around them, or school busses constantly complain about being passed with their red lights and sign out.

really though, the big orange "ps yer county sucks" signs work pretty good, folks aren't as dumb as they let on.

I guess flaggers have a problem with folks just going around them, or school busses constantly complain about being passed with their red lights and sign out.
We have the same issue when flagging for our lowboy so now I hug the center with the Kodiak and push cars off the road and if someone tries to come around we block them in.

Wonder if that is a left coast type of thing ? 2 weeks ago saw a pickup truck in out back yard, guy (and his wife) loading rocks and dirt from some stock I keep handy. And this is IN TOWN!

Quote: "Nobody owns this land, do they ? " "We thought the signs were just meant for illegals"
What morons fer sure, the county sure thinks we own it by the size of the property tax bill !

Not exactly a logging story but...I broke the shift lever clean off my Kubota M4500DT. This part is NLA through Kubota so now I'll try the used market.
Can you grab some pictures of the part? Might be able to help you out or point you in the right direction.

Back