Time for a New Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We bought this stove in 1987, it's served well, but it's starting to have issues. It puffs smoke out around the seals, even when windows are cracked. The bracket that holds that cat is warped, just seems to be showing it's age. I'd like to replace it with a similar insert, one that sticks out far enough to put a kettle on. I did a search for Russo, and it seems they are still in business, but their current offerings seem to be flatter, not much room to set a kettle. Any suggestions on a new model of any kind that looks close to this one. Thanks, Joe.

I was looking at the Quadrafire and my wife was looking at the Vermot Castings. I thought I heard Vermont Castings were not the stoves they used to be. Both sites had the same advertising like they were the same company? Joe.

I like your setup. We've been looking at a new face for our fireplace area and I think a spot for a kettle would be fun. Although would it be ill advised to get one with children?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Older one isn't the problem it's my younger one who is the daredevil. Maybe I'll wait another year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a Jotul insert and are very pleased with it. But it doesn't have any surface area to set a kettle. I believe Jotul has one that sticks out a bit, but I still don't think its enough to set a kettle on.

My wife really liked the Jotul, looks like that's what we are getting. I love cast iron, so that works for me. But, no flat spot for a tea pot, Joe.
I brought a new Jotul home yesterday we love the stove much nicer than what we had although significantly more money than what we originally set out to buy it was worth it the level of quality and fit and finish are impressive to say the least and with the $300.00 tax credit and Jotul rebates in effect right now it will be a good sum of money toward reducing the cost.

Jotul's rebates end shortly btw, tax credit is good through Dec. 31st.

Latest posts

Back