McCulloch Mac 2-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's pull start and clutch seems to be intact but how do I check the spring cause it recoiled slow as hell needs looked at.

Attachments

• 1475082447802-936330211.jpg
    1475082447802-936330211.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 0928161007.jpg
    0928161007.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
If you pull back on the starter pawls they should snap back to the nut on the crankshaft, if they do, then all I can tell you is make sure the starter pawls are engaged before you pull the rope out to start it, if you immediately yank the cord out they won't always catch, make sure they are engaged before you pull to start it

So took pull start apart and the spring on the inner side that grabs the pulley was bent kinda flat and straight not round also just feels like the spring may be shot to doesn't have a lot of tension but ima clean it all up and put together and see how it works

After you get the spring installed, you still have to preload it so that it's under tension when the cord is retracted. You just have to have the pull handle off the rope, wind the spring a couple of times, stick the rope back through the hole on the starter cover, fish the rope through the hole on the starter handle, and tie a knot. It should now snap back, just don't over do it so that the spring binds or comes off the tab when you pull the starter rope all the way out.

Needed a cleaning probably never done..ever!

Attachments

• 1475182535679-1295212820.jpg
    1475182535679-1295212820.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 10
Having trouble getting the metal snap ring back over the teardrop shaped metal plate.

Icic, good luck then, you'll have to work at it until it goes in, I have never found a better way
ADLM

Still strips.. Idk what to do next but it did want to fire but now the primer is stuck in again so its for sale. Any offers?

Haha, you've got too much time invested in it to give up now, try moving onto another project and come back to it, I have to do that sometimes, I have yet to find a saw that I can't conquer when I do that
ADLM

No its just I'm done putting time and money into something I know will never run unless I put more into it then its worth just not worth it to me.

Latest posts

Back