Mini Skid Stumper. Erskine/Quick Attatch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX_DKW

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picking up a used Vermeer S800TX with the 35HP Kubota Diesel. I don't think I'll be looking at stalling problems with this unit personally but has anyone used the Erskine, Quick Attach, Or Spartan (Industrial Series) grinders? I know it wont be as fast as a Toro STX 38 but I believe it will be on par maybe faster than a SC30TX or SC252. I hope to make up for that lost time filling the holes back with the bucket attachment. Reason for going with this machine is to be more versatile with a trencher auger grapple blade tiller etc... and have all of my attachments on my trailer at all times.

This will be for a second income I will NOT be full timing it just yet. 00I0I_dHtNg6JOLyO_600x450.jpg QASGR-M-studio-main-view.jpg

How much does that attachment cost ?Can that machine fit in a gate around 36"?Looking for a mini skid steer to compliment my stump grinding business,something that can fit in a gate opening.I know your trying to utilize your equipment but i like to see what i'm grinding plus being hyd powered it may be slower than you think.If possible i would like to demo it before i purchased it.

List is $4995. Haven't used one but make sure your hydraulic flow is high enough to run it. Specs call for flow to be between 7 - 14 gpm. Others that have used them have machines on the low end of the flow and say they don't run as well as they should. More gpm, more speed and torque.

15 GPM 3045 PSI I want to at least give it a try if it doesn't work out I'm in the machine right and can probably stand to make a profit if I decide to sell out

Also in East Texas our timber is not as dense as our northern neighbors and the soil isn't as rocky.

TX_DKW ,Doesn't look like that guy knows how to grind stumps.Starting from the center and working your self down?Looks like he has dull teeth,making a lot of sawdust.I'm not a fan of a 252 but even a tired one with sharp teeth would put that to shame.

The the salesman with quick attach was kind enough to give me the contact info of some customers running the same setup all of them had pretty good opinions about it but 2 had bought the Revolution wheel and said it cut their grinding time in half

Picking up a used Vermeer S800TX with the 35HP Kubota Diesel. I don't think I'll be looking at stalling problems with this unit personally but has anyone used the Erskine, Quick Attach, Or Spartan (Industrial Series) grinders? I know it wont be as fast as a Toro STX 38 but I believe it will be on par maybe faster than a SC30TX or SC252. I hope to make up for that lost time filling the holes back with the bucket attachment. Reason for going with this machine is to be more versatile with a trencher auger grapple blade tiller etc... and have all of my attachments on my trailer at all times.

This will be for a second income I will NOT be full timing it just yet. View attachment 528366 View attachment 528367

I have a toro dingo tx427 and I like the machine but I have a problem with it
The track won't stay on it just come out
And I have take it to two different places in Atlanta ga to get it fix and they only take my money but they can fix
I would like to know if someone knows how to fix it or least have idea

Kinda vague

Have you checked the tension of the tracks?
Are the rollers all aligned?
Are any rollers loose?
Is the track in good condition on the inside of the track where it makes contact with the rollers?
And bent or missing guides on the inside of the track?

Compare everything to new rollers and tracks for comparison

Kinda vague

Have you checked the tension of the tracks?
Are the rollers all aligned?
Are any rollers loose?
Is the track in good condition on the inside of the track where it makes contact with the rollers?
And bent or missing guides on the inside of the track?

Compare everything to new rollers and tracks for comparison
I have check everything and put new track and still come out don't know what to do with it

Pulled the trigger anyway despite the unpopular opinions, machine came in yesterday overall I'm pleased with the build quality and its grinding speed. Swapping my attachments back and forth yesterday I cut a large sweetgum that was too close to my house for comfort measuring a little over 30 inches at the base, de-limbed it, hauled away the brush and limbs and stacked the good wood by my splitter with the grapple attachment and ground the stump in a little under 2 hours by myself. My ONLY complaints are that
1. They didn't put some of the pegs on the bottom of the quick attach plate that prevent bouncing like on their full size skid grinders.

2. Too many teeth IMO I'll try removing every other one but I may end up proving my self wrong.

3. The bastard was leaking gear oil at the powerhead all in the floor of my shop before I ever hooked it up. Teflon tape was an easy fix but still made a mess. :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back