Hydraulic valve?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have, what I guess, is an electric hydraulic valve. It quit working but it has a push button over ride. I'm wondering if anyone knows what triggers it to open? So basically none of the boom controls work until I press the button in. When I press the button, it revs the engine quick like when you release the clutch engaging the pto. Right now when I release the clutch, it doesnt rev. When I have that button zip tied in, it revs when I depress the clutch. As it should. I was thinking maybe theres a switch if the fluid gets low? Or something like that. Thanks!

9ce9776470a32cf18429923a386af5ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What's the application? Check fluid levels first. That's an electric/hydraulic solenoid. Low fluid level may not allow solenoid to engage. Bad wires? Bad solenoid? Basic diagnostics needed first.

It controls, shuts off, fluid to the boom. I just dont know what would prevent it from opening or triggering? Parking brake, fluid level, outriggers ect... I'm sure its for safety, just not sure why.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I didnt. When it was working it was working with the outriggers stowed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hmm

Do the wires pretty much disappear into never never land? Hard to trace?
Now I'm thinking something for the trigger on the upper controls. Idk what boom u have but one of our has an air system for the trigger the other has a hydro setup maybe yours is a electric? Or some activation switch for selecting between outrigger control and boom control.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back