Asphlund truck Spring pintle hitch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work fine but sometimes rotate to the sides when you're trying to get them hooked up. Just when you think you're good the hitch is sideways and you have to start again. Best thing is just to make sure the trailer is jacked up to the empty height for the rehook when you unhook it

They work fine but sometimes rotate to the sides when you're trying to get them hooked up. Just when you think you're good the hitch is sideways and you have to start again. Best thing is just to make sure the trailer is jacked up to the empty height for the rehook when you unhook it
Have you ever seen one with a 2-5/16 ball/ pintle combo? So I could pull a trailer with a pintle ring or a ball coupler without having to switch hitches

Just the straight pintle hitch models. I guess you could flip the truck or chipper and the other might stay upright or better for rough terrain to prevent binding

I hate ball/pintle combos. They slam too much and are needlessly hard on the truck and the trailer. Its not hard to swap out hitches.

I would guess bolt-on hitches are rated for more weight than removable inserts. Hitch pin being the weak link. So it's probably not too easy to change out. Do they even make bolt-on ball couplers?

I have not the faintest idea. I have a 10 ton straight pin in pintle and a 5 ton drop pintle. They all seem sturdy enough to me.

Latest posts

Back