Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
361 is a great saw, it just isnt worth a ton of money. They should bring about the same as a comperable super xl, although the poulan may be a shade more powerful.

Depends on where it is, one thing to mention when collecting or examining old magnesium saws always look inside the fuel tank with a flashlight, thats where alot of corrision can be... if it wasnt stored properly

The reason I ask is I picked up an Old Homelight C-5 because it was relatively cheap for a 77cc saw and I couldn't tell if it was just dirty of it there was rust forming under the paint.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image.png
    image.png
    270.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image.png
    image.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image.png
    image.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.png
    image.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.png
    image.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 30
That is either aluminum or magnesium corrosion. It can be stopped by lightly sanding and applying a product called alodine. This will etch the metal and then by priming and painting, will usually stop the corrosion.

Ahhh got yourself a thunder club! Thats what i call em bc there big and heavy. It doesnt look to bad though. One thing about them youll find out is the fairbanks morse style starter sometimes are wore out. They dont "catch" so to speak sometimes when you yank the handle. Quick fix take a pin punch and peen a bunch of dimples inside the cup for the teeth to grab helps a bunch

mine was a little more than that lol but not by a whole lot. the guy said it ran good when put up 20 years ago lol. so i thought it would be a good project saw to strip clean and gwt back running again.
You mentioned something about getting a green saw in your stable? I also just came home with a poulan 306a that has good compression with a complete cast muffler, which is kinda hard to find. I would probably sell it if you think you need it, it doesn't matter to me either way.

Sounds like the OP got bit pretty hard by CAD lol. Next hell be looking at wood stoves or wood burning fireplace inserts.

Lol i have two wood stoves, nothing like going put when its about 30°to 40° and cutting a good jag of firewood to get the blood pumpin.

10-4 i actually just lost a bid for a 306a this morning lol, how much would you let it go for?
It is pretty nice it seems, tell you what, before I shoot you a price, let me look it over to make sure I don't see anything obvious broken or damaged and then well talk, I'm not into screwing people over.
ADLM

Sounds good to me! Now i need to find me a good McCulloch, i like all of the bigger 70+cc McCullochs, so ive been trying to get an idea of what i really want

Sounds good to me! Now i need to find me a good McCulloch, i like all of the bigger 70+cc McCullochs, so ive been trying to get an idea of what i really want
Are you talking about the large frame saws or the 10 series saws?

Back