WIFI Sensor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba-1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a sensor hookup that will read boiler temp and transmit through WIFI so you can get a read on your smart phone. Wanting to hook to ageing parents so I can monitor high/ lows while at work or homeSo it dose not boil or get cold.
Thank You

Yeh, but it isn't going to be easy to duplicate. It's an old automation controller (PLC) that reads my thermostat (Ranco) on the boiler and is then read by a program that I wrote in visual basic on a PC. I use it to text me the boiler temp every day at noon and then it will also text me if the temp goes above or below whatever thresholds I set. Couple of years ago I broke my leg and couldn't do much so I also have it logging and trending all kinds of data on the computer that I never look at as well.

Probably not a good solution for you, but I'm willing to share all the "geeky" details with you if you like. I would image that there's a "boxed" solution out there, but not sure what it is, or what it cost. I have a whopping $50.00 in mine for the controller that I bought off of ebay, but there's a lot of configuration and programming that I had to do to get everything to work.

Now that I'm re-reading what I wrote, I don't think I helped you at all.

I'm going to post it anyway.

I have a digital controller for my Big Green Egg that relays temps via wifi. It even has high/low alarms.

Should not be to hard to hook up the thermocouple to the boiler.

It's a bbq guru enabled with wifi.... I think is the name.

How about a wifi security cam pointed at your temp readout?

This I think would be your easiest route.

Most things I have used have been a point to point deal.

I think the cam on the readout would be the easiest route.

Latest posts

Back