ms 660 bb running hot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFBCARCARE

BIGG E
Reaction score
Anybody else have trouble with Ms 660 with bailey's bb kit getting g hot?
20 inch bar and chain cutting some good size oak 30,36 when working the saw hard with rpms pulled down after a cut or two the saw heats up when I set it down won't idle,sometimes idling high I've checked the usualall good saw recently gone through completely .oh yes I have couple other 660 working beside this one ,one of them was doing the same re adjust carb with tach and it's OK tried it on bb saw still doing the same thing.

did you do a pressure and vac testing after rebuilding? coil could also be breaking down. also check carb adjustment

Air leak opening up when it heats up, carb not quite in tune, coil breaking down. High idle after it warms up is telling me that you might have an air leak, could be at the base gasket or crank seals. Saws tend to richen up at idle as they warm up so either your way lean on the idle or your OK and have an air leak thats opening up when it gets hot.

Sounds like it is getting hot and almost siezing from a lean high speed jet adjustment.Richen the high speed,should turn about 12.4000 to 13,000 and still ?
4 stroking at that point. Running lean will heat any 2-stroke to cooking.

Ms 660 update checked coil carb adjustments air pressure and vacuum all good pressure test was ok but not as high as when I usually test them so I replaced crank seals with stihl seals I had originally used the ones from China in hlsupply gasket kit it seams to have fixed the problem but I really won't know until summer as it was hot outside when this was happening

I dont put much pressure or vacumn in to test. The few ive checked either hold or they dont.

Latest posts

Back