Adding pump to help domestic water pressure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody has put an inline pump to add water pressure?I have an extra taco pump on shelf thought about using.Just not sure how to turn off and on.I ve got 3/4" lines coming in for DW. Thanks

If it's a taco circulating pump for hot water heat, then no, it's won't work they way you want. Easiest way is to add a bladder tank, like what is used in well systems, it will add some GPM's.

I ended up installing it at my house.... well... I did all the plumbing, haven't had the time to actually put the pump in place yet. I'm on a public well (about 14 houses share a well) and the pressure varies from about 25psi to 50psi. Though it's more often the 25psi than the 50. Mostly bothers me when taking a shower or taking a pull of water from the fridge. When it's low pressure not much comes out, about like having the dog piss on my back or piss in my water cup.

They sell them at Lowe's now, it's not terribly expensive. It's a shallow well pump with the pressure switch. Probably good idea to put a bladder in as well.

Your looking for a booster pump, we install them commercially all the time on taller buildings. More or less a shallow well pump with a pressure switch, I think it would help to tie in a pressure tank as well to cut down on the pump run times.

Bell & Gosset are the pumps we see the most often.

Latest posts

Back