Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we get to the hard part for me. Putting the tank/handle ON. We have never had one OFF!

And there are all sorts of strange bits we are not familiar with.

Tip: Use your Dremel to smooth up the end of the antivibe spring. It will 'screw' on much easier.

Now to study the IPL.......[emoji848]

Handle/tank is on.
Back to the IPL to make another list of screws.
6df40b44cc960ec44bd0302184a148fa.jpg

The lever won't come all the way off choke unless the trigger is squeezed. That's a bit different than what I'm used to from Stihl. It threw me for a loop when I was messing with the handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the rubber piece on the right is for summer ,winter use .it goes to the to right of the carb. on the tank housing I believe.

The lever won't come all the way off choke unless the trigger is squeezed. That's a bit different than what I'm used to from Stihl. It threw me for a loop when I was messing with the handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one goes back to full choke when I squeeze the trigger.

Maybe I expect it to do different?

I don't know about the AM parts, but I know they are still in on my dads new MS271. Now it is still breaking in since he bought it and it hasn't seen much use since bought. But it has had some hard use since it was bought. I personally don't see the reasoning for them, except for maybe warranty purposes on a new Stihl. Told dad that I want to do a muffler mod on his saw, but it won't be till it is out of warranty. Still has like a year and 9 months of warranty left on it.

Ordered a 'switch shaft' #1135 182 0900 from my local dealer. $6.81. If anything just to compare it to the Farmertec item.
Fired it up sans air filter junk.
1cb5dddfae7158791c9fcc14f9e31ea0.jpg

Ran him 15 minutes and a few light cuts. Trying to ballpark the carb.

We need to do something with the muffler as he sounds too much like a leaf blower.
cf099c2627e2281a6a73b64af5f8fb62.jpg

Back