"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an 029S that i did a MM to and liked real well. I may keep this but the potential for extra $$ around the holidays has me thinking I probably won't. I've been trying to clean house because otd my living situation. That being said in the last month I've sold 3 saws ave acquired 6! lol!

Joseph

I don't know why but it always seams to work that way.

My problem is the intending to sell, but always coming across another deal to buy before I get to sell.

My problem is I think that charging what the saw is worth is a ripoff, but won't let it go for less.. so I justify keeping them that way.

Couple more freebies from last fall, one on the right fired up 150 comp, was very noisy one clutch spring had let go, quiet now but has air leak, one on the left is lightly scored. Somewhere I have a box of plastics I picked up in PEI this summer. Yesterday saw coughed up a bunch of parts, both were pretty badly crushed and one was left outside so water ingestion.
BBB
others1.jpg others2.jpg

Just a newb here, but I suppose newbs can suck too.
I just got a McCulloch 440 (yes, a 440 on the crankcase) and a Stihl 021 for $60 between them.
I also got a running Echo 302s for $15 with a new B&C, and a Homelite 150 for $5 about a month ago (pics coming)

uLL2VB5.jpg

The stihl only needed a clutch cover and sproket, plus a tank vent. The Echo needed absolutely nothing. Little tuning and it works fine. It has 1/4 inch pitch chain too for some reason. the Homelite was $5 because it had no spark. The points were simply not closing. The big Mac is the most suckage, all that was wrong was the cylinder was full of old bar oil where the pump leaked. Drained it and started it. There is no damage anywhere on it, it even still has the original rubber chip deflector. Only missing the 440 model tag.

It finally happened. I got a great deal.
Husky 346 NE with very little use and all things in the picture for $250.
ccc1493a8f85d60372ff3dcdb175101f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was also 2 new full chisel chains a stump vise and a taker depth gauge all Husqvarna brand.

This sucks mostly because these saws REALLY SUCK but here it is anyway. I got this 240E this week for $20. The former owner left ethanol gas in it last fall and gummed up the crappy Zama carburetor pretty good. The P&C is squeaky clean. I think it might have cut two branches in its life. So, one new fuel filter, a carb kit and three pulls on the starter later I have a running boat anchor :).
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1082.JPG

This sucks mostly because these saws REALLY SUCK but here it is anyway. I got this 240E this week for $20. The former owner left ethanol gas in it last fall and gummed up the crappy Zama carburetor pretty good. The P&C is squeaky clean. I think it might have cut two branches in its life. So, one new fuel filter, a carb kit and three pulls on the starter later I have a running boat anchor :).
View attachment 540013
View attachment 540014 View attachment 540015

I gots a bunch of them, if you want a standard clutch cover with bar nuts send me a pm.

I gots a bunch of them, if you want a standard clutch cover with bar nuts send me a pm.

Thanks for the offer of a proper clutch cover but even a whole bucket of bar nuts wouldn't get me to like this family of chainsaws, lol. Husqvarna should quit producing saws below the 543XP IMHO.

Steve

Where in NC did you make this score?

Just a newb here, but I suppose newbs can suck too.
I just got a McCulloch 440 (yes, a 440 on the crankcase) and a Stihl 021 for $60 between them.
I also got a running Echo 302s for $15 with a new B&C, and a Homelite 150 for $5 about a month ago (pics coming)

uLL2VB5.jpg

The stihl only needed a clutch cover and sproket, plus a tank vent. The Echo needed absolutely nothing. Little tuning and it works fine. It has 1/4 inch pitch chain too for some reason. the Homelite was $5 because it had no spark. The points were simply not closing. The big Mac is the most suckage, all that was wrong was the cylinder was full of old bar oil where the pump leaked. Drained it and started it. There is no damage anywhere on it, it even still has the original rubber chip deflector. Only missing the 440 model tag.

I'd just like to say thank you to the guy that posted this on Craigslist yesterday, and kept it up for 24 hours, but didn't include any contact information. Then, you change the price this morning. Thanks for consuming my thoughts for an entire day. I bet you're a real hoot on April Fool's Day :)Screenshot_2016-11-29-10-59-44.png Screenshot_2016-11-30-09-52-56.png

IMG_20161130_185402121.jpg Got the p41 for free and just needed a carb kit. The p28 got today for $30 guy didn't know if it ran but would pull over. Put in fresh gas pulled it over 5 times and runs perfect. I love old pioneers!

I am brand new to this site so I don't know if this counts, but I picked this old Jonsered 49SP up for $50. I was pretty much dancing when she fired right up for me with some fresh gas.

Attachments

• IMG_20161028_155428486.jpg
    IMG_20161028_155428486.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20161028_155419385.jpg
    IMG_20161028_155419385.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Back