lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what she looks like now...I had to remove the engine to have a broken cylinder stud removed. Now I'm thinking about a 944 kit and powdercoating the frame.

20161002_161108_zpsodabwv20.jpg

With any luck, you'll have some parts left-over. :laugh:

And Maico (now M-Star). My younger brother is a Maico fanatic. Last count, I think he had 5 or 6 of um.

View attachment 540603
And to make it an even more odd duc, shift lever and rear brake lever are on the wrong sides. odd Duc, haha.

that [wrong] depends on age, what ya rode, hd sportsters were like that til 75. suz t500 had shift shaft on both sides. right shift nortons were reversed pattern, too. 1 up-3 down. never rode left shift Norton.

that [wrong] depends on age, what ya rode, hd sportsters were like that til 75. suz t500 had shift shaft on both sides. right shift nortons were reversed pattern, too. 1 up-3 down. never rode left shift Norton.

So the question begs to be asked...
What revelation did the manufacturer's have to (what is currently normal) bring shift levers on the left and rear brake on the right?
Fact or opinions are welcome.:popcorn2:

So the question begs to be asked...
What revelation did the manufacturer's have to (what is currently normal) bring shift levers on the left and rear brake on the right?
Fact or opinions are welcome.:popcorn2:
The USA standard is what caused all the European manufacturers to change. They could not be sold in the US unless they were left side shift.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That standard was implemented in 1975, that is why my Norton is a left side shift.

That standard was implemented in 1975, that is why my Norton is a left side shift.

WE NEED PICS OF THE NORTON, unless I missed it, getting old and forgetful.
In 1965, I wanted a BSA 650 or a Norton, being broke, I got a new 1965 Honda Benly Touring, it was only 150cc, but I was on two wheels.

True that. Remember standing in local Harley shop in '80 thinkin that's parbly the coolest bike I ever seen.
Friend had this one fer years. Out of the blue asks if'n I want ta buy it, needs ta finance bike trip to Alaska.
Couldn't believe it, jumped at the chance.
Really lucky ta get it, worked out well fer both of us.
Don

one I liked back then was 81 heritage flh. got one, in early 90s. all original ex muffs. nice hwy bike, but learnt me I'm not a garbage wagon kinda guy. traded for rigid pan/shovel. ridin homebuilt "fxr" now. 80 flt frame, 05 drivetrain, 02 front end.

IMG_1108.JPG

Back