Been Thinking About Moving to the United States

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its actually the volume of 100 f^3 It's funny because when I lived up in the pan all the heli cutters were talking mbf & Cunits and I thought "why in the heck are they using metric in the AK?...lol
I thought Cunit was the proper term for cubic metre. It just sounds soooo metric to me.

Huh. Then a Cunit is just under 4 cubic yards, which is super weird but also super metric-sounding. I think my head might break.

You wouldn't like the U.P. The trees are small and the only cherries are in the extreme south east part. The skeeters are the size of grapes and the woodticks are thick.

Q. What do they do in the U.P. during the summer? A. If it falls on a Saturday they have a picnic.

Huh. Then a Cunit is just under 4 cubic yards, which is super weird but also super metric-sounding. I think my head might break.
Lol
Yeah it's roughly 3.7 cubic yards and 2.8 cu. m
It sure is metric soundings as well holds the power of 10 in relation to cf to a cunit as does metric.
It's a clean conversion and helps with weight perspective. Another one for the trick bag for me. The 12= 1 system makes for easy conversions by 10 as well once it has been squared by 12, not that I can use it at this time.

So do all of us in Canada.

There was always a conversion factor in Canada though. I remember when Canada had Imperial gallons. Which was roughly 1.2 US gallons. Back then the Canadian Dollar was $0.80 cents US. Now... esh, its $0.74 US cents. Not even 6 bits.

You wouldn't like the U.P. The trees are small and the only cherries are in the extreme south east part. The skeeters are the size of grapes and the woodticks are thick.

Q. What do they do in the U.P. during the summer? A. If it falls on a Saturday they have a picnic.

+1 on that. And people think they use tennis rackets up there for playing tennis. Nope.......swattin' skeeters. Down here in the tropics (Wisconsin) I get asked what's the weather like being that close to Lake Superior? Easy reply: 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding.

Well New Mexico sucks other than the lax gun laws. I was just in Utah now that place is nice! same lax gun laws too!

Well New Mexico sucks other than the lax gun laws. I was just in Utah now that place is nice! same lax gun laws too!

Buuuuttttt..... the booze laws in Utah are really bad. Like you can only buy 3.2 beer in the stores. They look like Bud and Corona, but they are all light beers. For any "real" beer, you have to go to a state liquor store and pay for beer by the each. Want a case of beer? That is the same price as 24 single beers. :givebeer:

The off-roading in Utah is exceptional, especially around Moab. Utah and Southestern Idaho are flooded with Mormons though. Gun laws are pretty lax in all the western states except California. OryGun is getting worse (but the sheriff offices are not enforcing the new gun transfer laws passed here by the libs in Portland). :cheers:

And of course the US west is weed friendly now too. AK, CO, WA, OR, CA, and NV are all legal to smoke rec weed in (and most allow you to grow your own).:happybanana:

Very true about the liquor laws I forgot about that. I was sick while I was up there so I wasn't thinking about it then. I do like my vodka mixers and good scotch. ideally I'd like to move to Alaska, Washington, Oregon maybe Colorado. Some place that actually gets some snow.

Nowdays COLORADO is a just a misspelling for CALIFORNIA. Don't consider it if you are a sane individual.

Q: How do you leave Colorado with a million bucks? A: Arrive with three Millon.

Very true about the liquor laws I forgot about that. I was sick while I was up there so I wasn't thinking about it then. I do like my vodka mixers and good scotch. ideally I'd like to move to Alaska, Washington, Oregon maybe Colorado. Some place that actually gets some snow.

We should trade places then; you can move here to Oregon and I can move to New Mexico. You can have the snow. Its piled up all over my property after a good dump the other day. I quite the ski patrol as well. I have had enough of skiing and snow and avalanches and driving in ice and snow.

Nowdays COLORADO is a just a misspelling for CALIFORNIA. Don't consider it if you are a sane individual.

Q: How do you leave Colorado with a million bucks? A: Arrive with three Millon.

Oregone and Warshington have become the same. It is getting more liberal and expensive here every day. Higher taxes, higher cost of living, and a haven for homeless bums. These states are also becoming sanctuaries for illegals, like California.

Oregone and Warshington have become the same. It is getting more liberal and expensive here every day. Higher taxes, higher cost of living, and a haven for homeless bums. These states are also becoming sanctuaries for illegals, like California.

Oh, and do not forget they are becoming more LGBTQ friendly as well. The governor of Oregone is one ugly lezbo-hetero (seems she cannot make up her mind what sex she is or prefers). The last mayor of Portland was a gay pedophile. The more queer, the better here!

Oh, and do not forget they are becoming more LGBTQ friendly as well. The governor of Oregone is one ugly lezbo-hetero (seems she cannot make up her mind what sex she is or prefers). The last mayor of Portland was a gay pedophile. The more queer, the better here!

That should not matter! Gawd, the same ol same ol about how a woman looks. You need some help. Maybe actually get to know somebody who might could be different from you. Or run away to Idaho. There's probably a few Nazi hangouts still there for you where you can bash anybody who dares to differ from you. Go.

That should not matter! Gawd, the same ol same ol about how a woman looks. You need some help. Maybe actually get to know somebody who might could be different from you. Or run away to Idaho. There's probably a few Nazi hangouts still there for you where you can bash anybody who dares to differ from you. Go.

I know a lot of good folks from Idaho, none of 'em are Nazis.

Back