50cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was going to ask if that was still around. Looks like it is lol.

Oh yeah, it's still in the stable for sure. The HDA199 started giving it fits a while back though. It wanted to load up in the cut to where it would stumble and die off throttle. I think it probably has a leaky needle...the metering lever seemed fine. It was running rich with the H needle seated. Have a carb kit on the way...it's got the HDA159 that came on the 346 originally in it now. That one wants to hang off throttle just a bit. Blip the throttle and it smooths out and idles all day. Weird. I seem to have better luck with the Zamas.

My go to 50cc saw is an Alpina Prof 55 has all mod cons AV, Chain brake, only oils when chains turning 195psi compression all for 70 euro's

Hitachi CS40EM = Zenoah G5000/5200 my only 50cc saw. I like it a LOT! VERY relieable and never had a problem. Bought it on close out brand new for ~ -70-75% off!

Although as others have already mentioned my first reach saw is a number smaller a Hitachi CS40EK= Tanaka 3800. Increadibly light, angry little saw that definately doesn't give a sh!t if a bigger saw is trying to be cool. It is just like those cute little cittens. When a bear arrives they give that animal a real ***** time and take away it's food and if the bear tries anything stupid, a few smacks in the face! Yeah that's about it's attitude. :D

I don't believe all the yammering I hear about these ported 346s. Honestly, yak yak yak. "Only saw I need" "everyone should try one" "lightsaber". C'mon you guys, I'm not buying it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're fine and dandy saws. Shoot, if someone was willing to send me one, I'd even take the time to try one out. Any interested parties can just PM, and I'll send my address right away. ;)

I don't believe all the yammering I hear about these ported 346s. Honestly, yak yak yak. "Only saw I need" "everyone should try one" "lightsaber". C'mon you guys, I'm not buying it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're fine and dandy saws. Shoot, if someone was willing to send me one, I'd even take the time to try one out. Any interested parties can just PM, and I'll send my address right away. ;)
Yeah, they ain't no good. I had 8 of em, now down to 3. ;)

:laugh: that struck me funny mad my morning. Thanks.

Glad I could make you laugh! :)

Honestly, I'd probably need a laugh in the morning too if I used a chainsaw as a pillow. Probably give a guy a stiff neck. :)

Seriously, though, I would love to try one. They must be a nice saw for all the fans they've got out there.

I am assuming this post is entirely in jest. But for those reading this who haven't experienced one, I would highly recommend coming to a GTG.

Trying a 346 NE or a 550 after being used to a homeowner 50 CC is quite an enlightening experience. And the gap between a stock 346/550 and a well modded one is equally impressive.

Glad I could make you laugh! :)

Honestly, I'd probably need a laugh in the morning too if I used a chainsaw as a pillow. Probably give a guy a stiff neck. :)

Seriously, though, I would love to try one. They must be a nice saw for all the fans they've got out there.
For the weight they are sorta unreal if they're modded up a little

I ran a miller mod saw 5105 and it was quite impressive. I believe his 4300 would cut with many 50 Cc saws.
I am pretty certain you are right. I'd say my 550 now will take down *most* 60 cc saws.

I haven't ran my modded 550 against my stock 562 yet but I would say they are darn close.

I am assuming this post is entirely in jest. But for those reading this who haven't experienced one, I would highly recommend coming to a GTG.

Trying a 346 NE or a 550 after being used to a homeowner 50 CC is quite an enlightening experience. And the gap between a stock 346/550 and a well built modded one is equally impressive.
Yep that was very well said

Back