Stock 362 cm needs more

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twistedmetal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently purchased another Stihl and I've been cutting trees for a few years now as a side job, but always find myself interested in bigger badder faster saws. I never can keep anything stock hahaha. I have a few questions on what people do to their saws and what they get out of it. Things like duel port muffler mods, different tooth or pin sprockets, different brand bars or chisel chains, or just what do people do to make there's run faster, "hot saws"and does it do anything to the reliability or life of the saw or it's components? Also will the chain/ clutch guard of a 661 fit on a 362. Thanks guys in advance for your help and input. I'm a big gear head and as far as not keeping things stock, here's my 900cc power valve jetski motor that has 280 psi compression and 245 hp!Screenshot_2016-03-08-09-30-02.png

280 compression for a Jetski! You iether have a really defective compression gauge or you're the biggest liar on this site, I'm a race engine builder,280psi,********!!

I recently purchased another Stihl and I've been cutting trees for a few years now as a side job, but always find myself interested in bigger badder faster saws. I never can keep anything stock hahaha. I have a few questions on what people do to their saws and what they get out of it. Things like duel port muffler mods, different tooth or pin sprockets, different brand bars or chisel chains, or just what do people do to make there's run faster, "hot saws"and does it do anything to the reliability or life of the saw or it's components? Also will the chain/ clutch guard of a 661 fit on a 362. Thanks guys in advance for your help and input. I'm a big gear head and as far as not keeping things stock, here's my 900cc power valve jetski motor that has 280 psi compression and 245 hp!View attachment 531838
Kawi stand up?

Marine engines do run high compression to make the torque and power. But they don't spin the rpm that a sled or MX engine will. If they did they cavitation would be a non stop issue

Horsepower may believable,compression is not. You are almost building a diesel engine. And 14-1 comp drag cars would cook any 2-stroke.I dont believe it till I see it.. Crank it over at 280 psi and show us on a guage..hehhehe

Horsepower may believable,compression is not. You are almost building a diesel engine. And 14-1 comp drag cars would cook any 2-stroke.I dont believe it till I see it.. Crank it over at 280 psi and show us on a guage..hehhehe
Yeah I'm not saying it's not possible for those kinds of comp reading but I don't think they are that high either. But I would like to se multiple gauges used on the 280 psi claim. Yes vid action to prove it.

Back