New mill, can't wait!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi all,
After kicking tires and procrastination for years I finally took the jump and ordered a mill yesterday. I have a huge pile of Ash logs and will be soon making lumber on a new Jr Peterson. Been a long process deciding what to purchase, everything from a shop built band saw to a used old style circle mill. I have always thought that a swing mill was the ultimate mill for my needs but the $$ has kept me at bay. Wife who is usually the ultimate cheap skate surprised me last week by saying you know that you won't be happy with less than the best, buy it and quit stewing ad buy one. So, soon I will be posting about my learnng curve and sharing pics and videos.
Butch

Hi all,
After kicking tires and procrastination for years I finally took the jump and ordered a mill yesterday. I have a huge pile of Ash logs and will be soon making lumber on a new Jr Peterson. Been a long process deciding what to purchase, everything from a shop built band saw to a used old style circle mill. I have always thought that a swing mill was the ultimate mill for my needs but the $$ has kept me at bay. Wife who is usually the ultimate cheap skate surprised me last week by saying you know that you won't be happy with less than the best, buy it and quit stewing ad buy one. So, soon I will be posting about my learnng curve and sharing pics and videos.
Butch
Make habit of 1.safety check of your person, then double check set up; specially tightness of fasteners and measurements before you start. !1st start preceeded by reading instructions a few times to get it right safely from start. Welcome to the club (-;

Hi all,
Butch
Good choice. We do a pretty good job making mills over here in little ol New Zealand. I will shortly be purchasing a Rimu Portable with the slab attachment also made in NZ. We must be good at making mills if we are selling them in a country built on mass timber production! Mind you so are we. Look forward to pics of your operation. Peterson hold annual mill comps in Rotorua North Island NZ where they manufacture, the speed of the pros is awesome. They certsinly get the most out if a log in the quickest time.

Guess I should a gave a plug for Left Coast Supply? Didn't realize they are a sponsor here since I haven't been around the site much lately.

Perch'es is good eaten fish too, LOL Just kidding, auto correct and complete gets me all the time also.

Thanks for the update Gregg, I cant wait to get it in the wood! Guys just want you all you know that the slight delay here was mine and not the fault of LCS!! Hope to be posting some vids of the JP working very soon.

Latest posts

Back