• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 028 Wood Boss electronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unionvillecountryboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked up two saws from the local shop for parts. The owner said he had had them for years and didn't even know if they ran. I threw some fresh gas in and they fired right up. Runs really good. The piston looks good, I'll have to get pictures though, I can also get compression.
The kill switch works well, oils good.

**pull rope recoil is a sticky (slow to recoil).

I'm not quite sure what a fair price is, haven't seen one in a while to compare, feel free to let me know. How does $150 sound?

Plus shipping from 46151

IMG_8407.JPG
IMG_8411.JPG
IMG_8410.JPG
IMG_8064.JPG

I sold a fully rebuilt 028 wood boss on craigslist a month ago. It included 1 new narrow kurf 16" b/c and a tired 18" b/c. New piston, crank seals, full carb rebuild, new clutch hub and rim. It was really clean and brought $250 and took a month to sell it. 5~6 years ago I would have had people lined up to get it but now not such and easy sell.

I scratch my head at seeing this, young guys out there go out and spend the same to buy a brand new Poulan but disregaurd this old saw. A 028 if taken care of will last you a lifetime, its not a racehorse by any means but niether is a 40cc new Poulan. GLWS

My grandfather just passed away in December and I saw a 028 Wood Boss on his work bench in very good condition. My grandparents haven't heated with wood in over 20 years. This saw has done a lot of sitting on s shelf and very little cutting. Sure would love to that saw...

Not just classic hard working saws, but a small piece of my grandfather.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back