Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that can be frustrating, the only issues i have found that caused a total nonrun situation is the fuel line is kinked or my timing was off. If both those checkout then idk what to tell you. I am no expert on squish bands but i seriously doubt that is your problem. Maybe your port timing numbers are way off and something in the cylinder is not right. But what do i know, hopefully someone else will know. There isn't a lot to these small engines i think it will be resolved soon :)

I swapped out the flywheel with no success. I ripped off the cylinder and I will put the 50mm cylinder on tonight.

Pics of the ripping?
Here are the two top ends side by side, the flywheel I swapped out, and the saw without the cylinder.

Attachments

• 20170219_191135.jpg
    20170219_191135.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • 20170219_191330.jpg
    20170219_191330.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • 20170219_191148.jpg
    20170219_191148.jpg
    913.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20170219_191154.jpg
    20170219_191154.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
Here are the two top ends side by side, the flywheel I swapped out, and the saw without the cylinder.
I installed the 50mm top end that came with the kit - still no luck. I could not get it to pop even once.

1. It has gas to the plug. Tried it dry and with gas squirted into the cylinder and carb directly. I swapped out the carb with an OEM saw. The Huztl carb worked great on the OEM but the OEM did not work on the Huztl saw.
2. It has 155 psi compression. Tried with decomp valve replaced with plug and with decomp valve. Swapped 52mm cylinder with 50mm cylinder.
3. The vacuum check holds on the case/boot/cylinder with rotation of crank. I question the boot seal where it meets the carb but it did pass the vacuum test.
4. It has a good spark. Tried two different spark plugs. One worked fine on other saw.
5. The flywheel key is intact so the ignition timing should be good. Swapped out flywheel with a different one.
6. The fuel is 91 octane and is about one month old. The mixture is at about 1:30 and it works fine in my other saws.

This is diving me crazy! It did briefly fire initially. Maybe I will swap out the coil to see what happens.
I don't know what to try next!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
I'm sure it is something stupid!
I got an extra I can send you it would be faster than waiting. I am in NC to give you a sense of shipping. You seem to have covered your bases well on trouble shooting. Did you check you magnets?

Sounds like spark problem, it has to be the coil, there is nothin else, and maybe it is grounding its self out somehow. Idk, let us know when you find the issue, good luck!

Sounds like spark problem, it has to be the coil, there is nothin else, and maybe it is grounding its self out somehow. Idk, let us know when you find the issue, good luck!
That's where I'm heading. I even pulled the ground wire of the coil and tried it...bad coil???

I got an extra I can send you it would be faster than waiting. I am in NC to give you a sense of shipping. You seem to have covered your bases well on trouble shooting. Did you check you magnets?
Thank you for the offer. I have an OEM I can try.

Just put the oem coil on and it started after 5 pulls. Still need to tune it so it doesn't die after 5 seconds.

Thanks for all the help.

Coils are like that, especially these aftermarket ones. You can put em on a spark tester and convince yourself that they're good and drive yourself nuts checking everything else. It's a good practice for anyone with one of these saws to keep a trouble-shooting module on hand.

Runs great. All tuned in with the Stihl OEM coil. Still has hefty vibration just above idle.

I had a choke issue. It was hard to set or wouldn't set. So when I had the carb off I found the control lever wasn't shaped right where it touches the carb arm.
Oem on the right "curved"
86d6e31c6039a6be34e7ec38ad05feb2.jpg

Back