whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an 83 year old gal, yes 83, that has been a customer for two years make an obvious play for me today...obvious now. The hell of it is she is not that bad looking. Unbelievable for 83.
Dude don't be stealing my sugar mamma!!!

We had a 80 somethin lady watch us the whole day we were working behind her house for the county. at the end of the day she about offered us thousands of dollars and kept complimenting us on how "young and strong we were" she really liked how tall the one guy was 6'6... haha. as we were just about finally out of there she goes I'm going to call the county to complain more I really like watching "strong young men work bending over all day getting all sweaty" as creepy as it was she was very friendly lol...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Couple of pics from the job yesterday. Half of the tree came off in the tornado last summer.
IMG_20170218_094730135_zpsllvk2isb.jpg
IMG_20170218_094756918_HDR_zpssqg4shz1.jpg

IMG_20170218_094828634_zpsiz8v7dew.jpg
IMG_20170218_100305767_HDR_zpsnlzznnwz.jpg

Nice work, old maple!! Good to see someone else actually doing something around here, instead of just laying around fantasizing about humping up on 83 year old ladies and such. I mean I realize it's been a long winter and all, but whoof... :surprised3: Lol..

We get about 10k yards of brush chips into our yard from our crane removal crew in a year but our real yardage comes from the grinding of logs. We also let tree services/landscapers dump @45 to 60 bucks a load for a one ton dump/dump trailer. I can't even think of a way to calculate how many yards we have in our piles.. two years ago we had a contract to supply something like 15k yards to one of our big landscape contractors and we still had half our pile left after that. We make zero effort to get material and zero effort to sell. It comes in on its own and people call to order loads. Landscapers dump their load of brush and leave with a full load of mulch, they pay us on both ends! It's a vicious cycle but people keep coming.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I
We get about 10k yards of brush chips into our yard from our crane removal crew in a year but our real yardage comes from the grinding of logs. We also let tree services/landscapers dump @45 to 60 bucks a load for a one ton dump/dump trailer. I can't even think of a way to calculate how many yards we have in our piles.. two years ago we had a contract to supply something like 15k yards to one of our big landscape contractors and we still had half our pile left after that. We make zero effort to get material and zero effort to sell. It comes in on its own and people call to order loads. Landscapers dump their load of brush and leave with a full load of mulch, they pay us on both ends! It's a vicious cycle but people keep coming.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
ive noticed a lot of the same things. The biggest problem I have now is delivering I'm ordering some hooklift triaxles pretty soon.

If you have it it will sell. Especially when everyone else runs out. We have a guy by us that does a few 100k yards a year probably 20 triaxles delivering around the clock. He runs out of material every year. Bartlett parks all if there equipment is his lot.

Nice rig job there, looks like you got a rope man. This is one of those instances where I actually use one of the rescue eights to keep from having to wrap the rope around the tree like a slovenly hatchet man who don't know how to use an axe.

I just made that up by the way.

I woke up this morning and wanted to die. I don't know if it was the falafel or cancer and didn't feel like getting to the top of this dead oak and trying not to bust any other trees up putting it down.

3.5 feet dia, 100 footer. Well, once it was 100 feet. It had been dead for a few years and lost some height. I got pulled up to a decent height but still of thick wood, hunks of truck sloughing off, I had planned to go high and wittle with the 200 but after a cut or two with that I found a hole to put the top in without doing much if any damage so I got the 44 and ended it. I stuck a pull rope in with a pole saw and the rest of the top was down. Dropped the trunk and left. Not one scar. Broke a branch or two out a ****ed up tree here and there, cleaned out the dead for sure!

That was a " 600.00 before lunch" job that gets so many young boy's juices flowing but all I could manage was a soft pretzel and some soda.

Went to farm and split for an hour then looked at jobs like it was spring and everybody was out in their yards. Gots lotsa work to do, the farm area has been pushed back and nice and neat with its over lay of wood chips to keep the mud down, its cozy with the ruts in the road lined with fresh pine chips and the cold frames full of pot plants ad to the warm luster of this odd but dreamy winter.

You are nutz,,
Can I come!
Jeff :happybanana:

I did a burn the other day. I had built a tall 4 foot high, 3 sided enclosure with the concrete fence posts stack on their sides so the holes would allow air flow. Also some where broken and had chunks missing so they worked good. I put some whole ones on top and layed old garden fencing on it to stop sparks. Burn a love seat in 5 minutes, a TV in 8, a big blue tarp in under a 60 seconds. I pulled a perfect mesh tarp out of the dump pile, its one of those really tough kind. I don't know why some idiot would have thrown it away. Its huge.

Opened up a bunch of ground, spread chips and installed firewood cribs. These bed liners are great. I strung more garden fencing around them and have plastic pallets.

Oh to be a fly on the wall, anywhere you are at Dan

Messed around on ROW clearing again. It was beautiful outside, we did no property damage, all the property owners are happy, and we went home with all of our fingers and toes. It was a great day
Can't say that about one of our other crews. No one was hurt and the weather was still great. I imagine there will be someone upset when they see what a 30" diameter oak did to their shed:(

I did a burn the other day. I had built a tall 4 foot high, 3 sided enclosure with the concrete fence posts stack on their sides so the holes would allow air flow. Also some where broken and had chunks missing so they worked good. I put some whole ones on top and layed old garden fencing on it to stop sparks. Burn a love seat in 5 minutes, a TV in 8, a big blue tarp in under a 60 seconds. I pulled a perfect mesh tarp out of the dump pile, its one of those really tough kind. I don't know why some idiot would have thrown it away. Its huge.

Opened up a bunch of ground, spread chips and installed firewood cribs. These bed liners are great. I strung more garden fencing around them and have plastic pallets.

At least I offered to help!
Jeff :rock:

At least I offered to help!
Jeff :rock:

There nothing you could do but thanks!

Started off today pulling carpet staples out of steps where dogs used to live and got out of having to tear out any carpet, its nasty. I did just more than half of the steps before my hand cramped and then I went and split wood. Well I mean work on the splitter but I got some big rounds done without hurting myself to bad soes that progress. Tomorrow, a nice bit of the old tree work, tree work then who knows what cause it stays light longer now and its so warm. I have some carpentry stuff to do the house and of course the plumbing. Hey, I'm winning at least, it works and I am not having to work on it right now. Under those carpets is the nasiest piss foam stapled to the oldest, most decayed sub floor made out of some laminate which is flaking to the touch and probably screwed and glued to the main floor. I am sooooo glad I don't have to pull that up. Somebody else does but not me. I am winning!

The crap hole rental house at the farm is being rented to a divorcee', I met her this evening, showed her how not to kill herself going into a the basement and managed to break a valve off the completely rigged, rusty and wrecked plumbing system which I halfway shut down, insulated and heated. The new tenant started talking about calling the water company, I laughed as water gushed out and told her that I curse a lot. Water company honey? Water company? Poor girl, thinks there is a water company, she better go back to her husband if he would let her.

I stole a hose valve from a hose screwed it on the end of the broken water valve and shut it off. There was no was to shut the water into the house down without throwing a breaker which I thought was odd. But the whole place is held together with cobwebs and horseshit, these mother****ers would be dead without me.

Which is why I really started laughing when the owner called freaking out about the water in the basement because the new tenant called her about it. The new tenant thought it was gas leaking.

I took the door off the basement, its one of those Dorthy doors or whatever, brought it home and weld the lock hinge back on so it don't slam on somebody. Like me! I was down in that **** hole when the wind slammed it shut, I freaked! Then, the timer on the light ran out. Yeah, you just think I ramble about nothing, this is some **** I deal with day to day.

The owner was all upset over the valve could have been broken in the first place considering the water is half off, just the well is pumping to other buildings and that stuff is heated and insulated... by me. The house isn't occupied until April anyway, we are just working on it. Well she kept going on and on about why somebody was turning valves when everything was suppose to be off like she knew anything at all. I finally had to shut her down, told her that I was down there ****ing with one of my master ****ing pieces and broke a ****ing valve off because it was ****ed because its ****ed, just as ****ed as everything else so like every ****ing thing else I would fix the ****ing thing.

And its one of my masterpieces, one of which I have been telling all about at this crazy ****ing farm.

Greeeeeeeennnnnnn ACRES is the place for meeeeeeeee! Farrrrrrrmmmmmm living is where I want to beeeeee!

I used to have a My Buddy doll, I used to make a chippa hoppa out of a box, make a pile a sticks and stand him next to it. I would tell him that I didn't bid the ****ing job to take as long as it did and rakes were coming out of his pay. One time he lost a hitch pin.

Back